
And I also wanted to post a picture of my friend Audra, who's been really great through all this too. It's been hard to spend a lot of time with her because she has a 7 month old, Reid. But she's been understanding. She's good for me because she calls me out when I'm being dumb about stuff. I appreciate that. Sometimes. :) We both have a little bit of a hard time being sentimental around each other, so I'm able to talk with her about things in a matter-of-fact way, which is nice sometimes.

And, a little bit of a milestone today. I held a baby today without crying or even feeling sad! She was 1 1/2, so I still might have to work up to being able to hold younger ones, but it was really good. She was at the studio for a photo shoot with Lindsey and she kept coming in the office to see me, she wanted up on my lap, so I picked her up and she drew me a picture and played with my calculator and was super cute! It's crazy because about a week ago, I was freaking myself out with the thought of having to hold a friend's baby that we were going to hang out with. I almost started crying just thinking about it. It seems minor, but I was really happy... I'm hopefully making progress. :)
You don't know me, but I found your blog through Ginger's, who is a friend of mine. I've been following your story some.... and I've been where you've been. I had two miscarriages between my first and second sons (3 years and 3 months old).
ReplyDeleteGive yourself plenty of time to grieve - it takes lots of time, more time than I thought, and I really don't think I'm even done grieving yet, even though I have given birth to another baby. Nothing - not even my precious son - can replace those two babies that I lost.
I'm so glad you have such a wonderful support system. And I'm so glad you honored your husband on Father's Day. He IS a daddy! You and your husband will be in my prayers.