Sunday, October 4, 2009

Thoughtful

This week, I received an awesome package in the mail from Jess. It was wrapped up so cute...I just had to take a photo.


Axl had to check it out to make sure it was suitable for me to open. Maybe I should put him to use as a bomb-sniffer...? He's already been fired from keeping the squirrels away at Adam's parents house...we'll keep searching for a use for him.
Jess and I have been emailing back and forth, she's been so helpful and supportive throughout these months since we lost the baby. I'm always amazed at how thoughtful she is, in spite of her own grief. I'm sure she doesn't want any recognition for this :) but I couldn't resist. She sent me a sweet note:
And two devotionals that have been helpful for her since Cora went to be with Jesus. The one on the left is specifically for people dealing with loss, and I'm excited to continue reading it.

Thanks so much Jess!

A verse from this morning's chapter:

"He shot his arrows deep into my heart. The thought of my suffering and hopelessness is bitter beyond words. I will never forget this awful time, as I grieve over my loss. Yet I still dare to hope when I remember this: the unfailing love of the Lord never ends! By his mercies we have been kept from complete destruction."
-Lamentations 3:13, 19-22

No comments:

Post a Comment