Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Weekend in KC

Another weekend, another road trip. :)

This weekend, we headed up to Kansas City on Friday after Adam got home from work. Here are my two road trip buddies.



We got to Matt and Rachael's house with just enough time to set up Sutton's bed and put him down for the night. The next morning, when he and Rowan woke up, they played together for awhile in their jammies. It was cute because mostly Rowan would just stare at Sutton while he played.



The two kids finally got to exchange Christmas presents since this was the first time we'd been together since well before the holidays. Rowan gave Sutton a glow-in-the-dark Thomas the Train book, and Sutton gave Rowan this cute little purse. He picked it out for her all by himself. He was very adamant that he wanted to get her a purse. :)


Rachael, Sutton, and I left at one point to go get coffee, and we came back to Matt and Adam playing Nintendo 64. This is how Matt was playing. :)


Part of the reason we went up to visit was to celebrate Matt's new job. We had a celebratory lunch on Saturday of Dr Pepper ribs. I'm pretty sure this was the first time I've ever had ribs, so I needed a tutorial. And we all got messy.


I love hanging out with this lil gal. She's the sweetest baby EVER, and her face just makes me melt every time I look at it.


We had to make funny faces for one picture.


We got in lots of playing and cuddling during Sutton's nap.



Rowan has just started eating baby food. She loves her veggies and was eating carrots and avocado like a champ. Then Adam came over with his big scary beard and got right in her face and made her cry. Poor little lady.


But she was quickly happy again when she saw her mommy.



When Sutton woke up, we loaded up and said our goodbyes and went over to Ryan and Risa's new loft in downtown KC. They've lived in Wichita since we met them, but moved up to KC at the beginning of the year for Ryan's new job. We were so excited to see their super fun loft apartment! I was trying to take a photo of the apartment, but Sutton thought I needed to take one of him first.




After a quick photo with Risa for Instagram purposes, we went over to a nearby restaurant called Cafe al Dente for pizza and calzones. It was really good! But way over our calorie limit for the day, ha!


After dinner, we said a quick goodbye and got on the road to come home. Sutton watched shows on the iPad for a lot of the trip, and then slept for the last part.

And I just thought this was funny...on Friday before we left, Sutton and I took Diesel to my parents' house to stay with them for the weekend. Their house is about 30 minutes away, and we were past Sutton's nap time on the way home. He fell asleep about 2 seconds after we got on the highway, and slept for most of the drive in the position of the second photo. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment