Monday, July 28, 2014

Colorado 2014 {Part 1}

We arrived in Colorado and set up camp on Sunday, the 6th. We went for a short hike that evening and just kinda played it low-key. Then Monday we loaded up and headed up Pikes Peak. The last time Adam and I had been here was with my parents when we were dating, probably about 12 years ago. It was fun to go again, this time with our 2 kids. We stopped along the way to admire the views.


And took the obligatory touristy photo at the top.


We walked around the gift shop a bit and enjoyed some greasy donuts, french fries, and pops before heading back outside to look around some more.




Then Sutton had a meltdown about something inconsequential.


We threatened his life to make him smile for a photo. ;) I kid. Kind of.



Brothers on a mountaintop.



I'd spotted this area on the way up the mountain, so as we were heading down, I made Adam stop so I could take a few photos. It didn't last too long because there were bees on those flowers.


I just thought it was so pretty right here.



And I took a few photos around our campsite. We ended up having to move our campsite (long story), so this was the second place we stayed. Sutton did a lot of playing in the rocks all around.


Ren did a lot of being cute.


This was our ride for our trip. Adam's parents graciously let us take their FJ on our trip. It has a really big back seat, which was nice for the long drive. And it looks mountainy, so that's a plus. :)




This was our view. I was standing in the same spot as the photos above, but with my back to the tent. And the bathhouse was just to my left, which was handy. Adam flew his quadcopter around a bit with the GoPro attached to get some great footage of the views.


And before we left Colorado Springs to head to Denver to visit my brother and family, we stopped to check out a cabin that belongs to some of Adam's relatives. There was a little creek that ran next to it that was pretty.


And here's the cabin. No one had been there in quite some time, so it was pretty overgrown and we didn't know what to expect on the inside.


We were surprised to find it very homey and liveable. We may be staying here in the future!


Once I get my phone-photo situation figured out, I will post part 2 which will include a lot more of what we did. These were just the photos off my nice camera. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment