Nevertheless, he was so excited.
Ren was excited too. Ha. He just wanted to crawl around and tear up the wrapping paper. I knew he wouldn't be that interested in presents, so I just wrapped up some of Sutton's old toys for him.
Doesn't this picture make him look guilty of something?
Most flattering picture of Adam ever...not. We went small for each other this year. He got a Millennium Falcon tshirt and candy. :) I, on the other hand, got a date night. So I actually WAS as excited as his face is. :)
"Look Mommy! Paper!"
"A bag!!"
Sutton got some books, some candy, a game, a bunch of little stocking stuffers, and a few other small things, but his big present was a bike. A Captain America bike. He was so excited, he couldn't believe it. Here he is, telling me he got a bike when Adam brought it in from the garage.
Had to test it out right away. Sutton and Daddy have taken it around the block many times, once "without resting or stopping because I'm so good at riding my bike!"
This one makes me laugh:
Sutton also got this RC helicopter astronaut thing. All you control is how fast the propeller goes, so if it goes up or down. Really easy. Sutton LOVES this and still flies it multiple times a day and always makes sure he plugs it in to get charged when he's done.
I tried for a photo with my three boys to show their relative size this year, and this was as good as I could get. I've been trying to include Diesel in more photos lately because he will be TEN in April and you just never know how much longer he will be around. :(
Adam's parents came over towards the end of presents to see what the boys had gotten. Adam handed his dad a small box with a set of keys inside. This ugly car was in our garage for him.
Ed had found this Dodge Rampage on Craigslist and was dying to have it for a project car, so we got it for him. He's always doing projects for other people so we thought he really needed one of his own. Janet held the boys so I could take photos. :) She was in on the secret.
Definitely needs a *little* work.
A photo of Ren with his first Christmas stocking.
We played with our presents and took showers and Ren got a nap. Then it was time for our annual Christmas lunch at the Chinese buffet. I was so grateful to not be pregnant this year. Remember last year when I threw up in the parking lot of the buffet behind a snow bank? No? I do. Sutton took this photo of us. I think we'll start a secondary business to mine called Sutton Dreher Photography.
And I got a couple photos with my big boy.

The buffet was yummy as always, though we had a little trouble finding things Ren could eat. He ended up having bananas and mandarin oranges. And he whimpered and stared at me from afar each time I left the table to refill my plate. Which was a lot of times. :) I had to gain those 5 extra holiday pounds somewhere (for reals...ugh).

My loves at the buffet. Sutton looks thrilled.






















No comments:
Post a Comment