Monday, January 25, 2016

We're Moving!

I can't believe I updated my photo blog with this news before this one, but here's the scoop in case you didn't read it over there:

Adam won’t let me share the whole story quite yet since we haven’t actually moved (which I understand, but I guess I’m the type of person who’s a little more forthcoming with sharing exciting news ;) ), but I wanted to share an update and a little more info since I’ve had lots of people asking about our house situation.

Our house is sold!

And we’re moving!

Long story short, we weren’t looking to move (I mean…how many houses can you find with a photography studio included like ours?!). But it has always been our dream to raise our boys in the country, and one day we happened upon a perfect country home that was for sale. Looked at it online, looked at it in person…and fell in love. We scrambled to get our house in shape to sell, and luckily it did in under a month. I have mixed feelings about leaving this place we call home, but I am excited!

For everyone wondering about what this means for Gina Dreher Photography: not a lot will change. The biggest change is that we will be living just outside of Wichita, so I will be driving into town to shoot on certain days only (instead of nearly every day). We’re building a studio at the new place, and it will be awesome. Some of you may have a bit longer drive to come see me for studio shoots, but it actually may be less of a drive for some. And we’ll have a new gorgeous location for sessions out on our land.

We have lots of work to do at the new place, so part of me is anxious to dive right in and start! But part of me is trying to soak up these last few weeks at our current house. Regardless, there will be lots of before-and-after photos once we start on the new place. So exciting!


Thanks to everyone who was asking for updates and who was worried we were moving away. It’s so great to know that you all care so much, and I am so appreciative of your continued loyalty to me and GDP. I’m excited for this change! And just to make this post a bit more interesting, how CUTE is this cross stitch of my family that my friend Abby made for me!? Obsessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment