And some outtakes of Ren because he's such a goober.
This last one isn't necessarily a good face, but I wanted to show off the shirt he picked for the first day. He was so excited about his "camping shirt." It says "Hike a trail" but each letter is a picture and so this morning, he held it up and read it like a story. "You know what my shirt says Mommy? Go. in. tent. climb. tree. catch. fish..." and on and on. He even used pauses like Sutton does when he's trying to read something. Love it.
I took both boys this morning since it was the first day. Usually, Adam will drop Ren off with a friend who will take him, and then Sutton will go with Adam since Sutton is in the same building as him. But today was special! I wanted to get a picture in front of his school, but the booger wouldn't smile for me.
The preschool just built a new building this summer, so Ren is in the first class there. It is a beautiful building and has this big bug mural in the lobby.
We were the first ones to his classroom. Ren's "real" teacher is on maternity leave, so a couple of the paras greeted us. One of them recognized Sutton from back when he was in preschool and couldn't believe how tall he'd gotten. Ren went right up to her and gave her a hug. It was pretty sweet. Then the other gal took him in and helped him wash his hands.
They went to go hang up his backpack. Then she took him over to the toys and he was good to go. I told him I was leaving, and he just waved without even looking at me! He'd given me a hug earlier, so I was good and just went with it and left.
As Sutton and I walked out, I told him it was hard for mommys to see their babies go to the first day of school. I teared up a bit but he talked me down. :) Now it was time to focus on 1st grade, and he was so excited!
We got to his school, and took a picture outside. We always go in the back door since it's closer to his classroom, so it's not very pretty. We waited outside the door for a bit, then they let us it. Sutton and I were walking down the hall and he saw his teacher waiting outside the classroom door and he got SO excited that he teared up a little. He went and gave her a huge hug and we went inside. He put his lunch and PE shoes away, and hung up his backpack. We took a picture with Mrs. G. His face says it all!
I had him sit as his desk for a picture. In Kindergarten, they just had tables for desks. Sutton loves his real desk. He calls it a hollow desk because you can put stuff inside of it.
He gave me a hug and I gave him a kiss and we told each other I love you (I wonder how many more first days I'll be able to get an unprompted "I love you Mommy!" from him). As I was walking out the door, he went to do lunch count. This is a smart board, they find their name and use the pen to drag their name to the correct lunch option.
That little girl in this last photo is the daughter of his Kindergarten teacher Mrs. Merseal. He is so excited that she's in his class this year!
And that's it! Both my babies are at school and it is completely surreal. I couldn't help but think back as I was driving them to school this morning...to the time where I so desperately wanted to be a mom and it wasn't happening, and I wasn't sure if it ever would. How far we have come! I'm driving my boys to preschool and 1st grade, and talking about Mario Kart along the way. Love!























No comments:
Post a Comment