One of the guys talked about the loss of his dad last summer and how, while it was horrible to go through, there were many things working together the weekend it happened that enabled all the family to be together during that rough time. He also talked about how people would tell him that it would take time to get past it. And while time does make things a little easier, you'll never get "past" it.
It was really good to know that someone else is going through the same things I am. He even made mention that in the healing process you have to "learn to exist again" without the person you lost. I've had that exact feeling so many times. Feeling this way is new to me. I know God says He'll never give us more than we can bear, but at times, losing our baby has felt like more than I can handle. How does one exist after such a tragic loss? Learning to live with this constant weight on my shoulders is hard.
I guess more than anything, I just felt relief (I guess that's the right word?) that someone who'd gone through a completely different situation was having so many of the same feelings that I am. Maybe it was just a reassurance that I'm not crazy!! :) His loss was a year ago, and it's still hard, but he's learned to exist with life being this way, instead of how it was. Our worlds will never be the same.
Here are a couple photos of our awesome small group friends! The wives:
The hubbys:
Bottom L to R: Aaron, Justin, Ryan M., Ryan H.
10 points to the first person that can correctly match all the wives to their husbands! :)


it's helpful to me to hear you call a miscarraige a tragic loss. thats always how i felt, but never thought anyone would agree. it seemed to me that how could i be so upset after loseing a person i only knew about for a few months, when people lose people they have known there whole lives. but you are right it is tragic. i've never ever said it out loud! so thanksfor that, wow it's crazy how much thats helps me even after 2 years!
ReplyDelete