Friday, October 30, 2009

Choosing to Trust

This will sound strange, but bear with me. Last night, I was standing in hell while we were taking a group of people through Judgement House and a thought occurred to me.

Trusting God is a choice.

Trusting him with my life, with my circumstances, with my future.

Simple enough...but when this is really taken to heart, it could be revolutionary.

I needn't worry. I shouldn't waste my time thinking about what could happen, what should happen. I will choose to trust that everything will be okay. God knows me, and all He asks is that I trust him.

So I will.

As the old song goes:

The Lord has promised good to me.
His Word, my Hope secures.
He will my Shield and Portion be
As long as life endures.

-Amazing Grace

1 comment:

  1. Good post...you are so right, we all need to do that more!

    ReplyDelete