As soon as I unswaddle him, he loves to stretch out and he's always all wide-eyed in the morning.
Then we headed to the kitchen where Adam made us donuts for breakfast. I got Sutton dressed in his cute cute Christmas outfit and he hung out in the Bumbo.
Such a happy boy! Woohoo for Christmas!
A close-up of his polar bear. Since this isn't Christmas specific, we'll probably wear it some more this winter.
Adam cooking...
Sutton watching his Daddy.
Then it was time for the first annual Christmas photo shoot by the tree. I took a lot. :) And no, he's not about to crawl in this first one, he was sitting and then fell over and bonked his head, but he didn't really notice and the shoot went on.
After our photo shoot, he started acting tired, so I laid him on the couch to sleep while we finished breakfast. He was being cute and ornery and wouldn't sleep. :)
Since he wouldn't sleep, we decided to do gifts. We went super low-key this year since he doesn't really know the difference anyway. So here's his one gift from us.
He got a few ornaments from people that we hung on our tree.
Mommy and Sutton, excited about opening gifts!
I love this photo. Notice Diesel helping us, and Sutton asking his Daddy what was going on.
Daddy and Axl playing with Sutton's toy. It's a guitar, harmonica, maracca, tambourine, all in one.
After presents, all three of us went back to bed. Sutton was really tired, so we all three got in our bed, with the baby in the middle, and slept til 11. That is my favorite memory from Sutton's first Christmas.
Then we partook in what is sure to be a Dreher Family tradition. We went to a Chinese buffet for lunch! It was really good, and the place was packed. There were kids throwing fits, and Sutton just sat there quietly and watched them. I told him not to take any notes. I forgot my camera. :( But he fell asleep in his carseat and continued his nap when we got home.
Edit: Here's a better picture of the toy Mommy and Daddy bought Sutton:




























No comments:
Post a Comment