Thursday, December 8, 2011

The Unforgettable Fall of 2011

So I had this huge post all written up.

We had an extremely difficult fall. Both personally and professionally, it was just one thing after another.

I'd been thinking about the post I was going to write about it for some time. I needed the outlet, needed to "vent" so badly. So I wrote it all down. And it was long.

And then I (with the help of my ridiculously level-headed and awesome husband) realized that I could have it much worse. And I have so many things to be thankful for. I'm so blessed.

I'm completely and irrevocably in love with my life.

So I'm not gonna publish that post.

Instead, I'm going to write a post about how grateful I am for all the blessings in my life. God has given us so much, and so often I take those things and even Him for granted. I'm so undeserving.

In my version of the 12 Days of Christmas, I present to you 12 Things I'm Thankful For:

1. My beautiful healthy baby boy Sutton, who has completely changed my world for the better.
2. My amazingly handsome best friend, my husband Adam.
3. Our families with whom we all have a good relationship, and we live close to.
4. Our awesome group of friends who are such a great support system through all of life's hardships.
5. Our warm, inviting home that I absolutely still love over 3 years later and never want to move from.
6. My booming, successful photography business...I can't believe that I get to do what I love and that I have so much business I have to turn some away.
7. Being able to work from home is such a great thing, especially now that I'm a mom.
8. My wonderful new studio in our backyard...I think it's too cool for me. :)
9. Diesel. He's such a great dog. I guess I should throw Sadie in here too, though she's questionable at times. :)
10. Our finances can be both a blessing and a curse, but I'm grateful that we're able to pay our bills each month.
11. Our working cars, washer and dryer, dishwasher, water line, and heater...I'll try never again to take these simple luxuries for granted.
12. Jesus, without whom none of this would be possible. Without whom we wouldn't celebrate Christmas!

Life. Is. Good.

And to finish this post off with some photos, my two most favorite people in the world, playing together. It doesn't get much better. :)

High-fives! 


I'm a pretty lucky girl to get to live with the two most handsome boys on the planet! 


My new favorite photo. :)

1 comment:

  1. I understand. Despite welcoming a perfectly healthy baby this year, it was a rough year for us too. And my husband has had to remind me that we are blessed beyond measure.

    ReplyDelete