Friday, March 9, 2012

Miss Me?

I used to be so good at blogging. Then my kid started walking and talking. Ah, well, it's okay. For now. :)

I haven't taken many photos of the kiddo lately besides with my phone. So that's what these are (except for the first one...I took it from my dad's blog). Just a bunch of random things going on in our lives.


Adam was out of town this past weekend, so Saturday afternoon, I loaded up the kid and the dogs and we went to stay overnight with my parents. We had lots of fun and were fed very well (the diet was pretty much out the window...). When we got there Saturday afternoon, Sutton wanted to play outside but it was a bit cold and I hadn't brought a jacket. So my mom scrounged this up for him and it was pretty darn cute and funny.


It was almost like a mini-vacation. We got to stay in the guest suite complete with a remodeled bathroom...I got to sit in their hot tub while my mom bathed my kid and put on his jammies...my dogs left me alone for once in their life because they had more interesting playmates (my parents dogs)...we were fed amazing food (turkey, mashed potatoes, peas and crescent rolls for dinner; pancakes for breakfast). I could do that again.

The kid and dogs were exhausted by the time we left late Sunday morning. I tried to keep them awake on the 30 minute drive home so they would sleep when we got here (and maybe I could get in a nap too?!) but it was hopeless. Just. So. Tired.


Friday afternoon before all the fun with my parents, we had a coffee date with our friend Jaclyn. Sutton decided to bring out his crazy side and we didn't last long in Mead's Corner before we had to get in the stroller and book it to a nearby park.

  

Sutton and I had an Orange Leaf and park date one afternoon. He's really into feeding himself now, and even though it's messy, it's fun that he's able to do it.


This is the photo we sent Daddy while he was away to tell him we missed him.

 Daddy's back! All is right with the world. Sutton loves to copy everything we do. For example, he has a splinter in his leg that we CANNOT get out, though we have tried and tried with a tweezers. He cries and wriggles when we try. But when we stop, he wants the tweezers, and he touches it to his leg in the same spot as if he's going to get it out. Example #2: I was rubbing lotion on certain spots on my feet one night, and he was playing in the medicine cabinet (closely supervised, of course). He found a tube of cream that looked similar to mine, so he got it out, touched his finger to the top, then touched his foot, as if he was rubbing it in. Then he had to do it to Daddy's feet. And mine.

Well, he also likes to "help" Adam airbrush his RC planes. He found an empty airbrush bottle and started touching it to the plane right where Adam was trying to paint. Super cute. After Adam cleaned out his airbrush, he let Sutton hold it and even press the button so he could hear air coming out.


And just a photo of my cute sweetie after his FOUR AND A HALF hour nap two days ago. I didn't know what to do with myself. It was glorious. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment