It ended up being so great! We started the evenings' festivities with a quick stop by Sonic to pick up 15 corn dogs for 50c each for us and the cousins and adults. Sutton has been obsessed with his football the last few days, so it had to come with us in the car.
We went over to Adam's parents house and ate corn dogs and got dressed in our costumes. Sutton was Timmy from the show Timmy Time. This is Timmy:
And here's our Timmy:
I made his costume and thought it turned out pretty cute.
Timmy has a huge tail, so that of course had to be part of the costume. We ended up using velcro to attach it because we figured he couldn't sit in his car seat with it on. The tail ended up being a highlight of our night because he would run up to people's houses and it would bounce the whole way, lol.
The original plan was to cover the entire shirt (front and back) in white fluffies, but I covered the front and the shirt was already so heavy...so I stopped there.
Here are Sutton's three cousins: a princess, an astronaut, and Strawberry Shortcake.
Mommy and Daddy had to get a photo with our little lamb, and sweet little Breegy wanted in too. Love her. I tried to do something to make myself abnormal or Halloween-ish, but all I had on hand was makeup, so I just ended up with some bruises and a little blood on my face.
Adam's parents live across the street from a church that does a Trunk-or-Treat thing each Halloween, so we went over there first. Sutton got lots of candy and tested out the ropes of being friendly to people he didn't know in order to get candy. He had fun. Cousin Corbin gave him a glow sword that was a hit.
There were a few games there, but most were for older kids. He tried a trike out for a bit.
Sutton and Grandma. This kid is such a pro at smiling for photos...he has picture day at school tomorrow, I can't wait to see how they turn out. :)
Stopping to try some of the candy he'd collected.
We went back to our house and trick-or-treated down our street. After we showed Sutton what to do at the first house, he was a pro and went right up to the second house and said "Oh hi!! Trick or treat! Thank you!" He's the cutest.
He was having so much fun and after every house, he'd ask "More houses? More houses?" There was a street about 2 blocks away from us that had amazing decorations and goings-on. We walked around the neighborhood with Sutton's cousins and had so much fun. Sutton loved getting candy and seeing all the people out and about. This is exactly how I want him to remember Halloweens as a kid!
Sutton's older cousin Bailey met up with us and we went to see her little brother Colston who isn't technically related to us, but is in Sutton's class at school. I won't even try to explain that connection. :) But here they are together, cute little friends.
We stopped at a few more houses on the way back to our own and then ate some candy before bed. He was on a bit of a sugar high, but was pretty exhausted and went right to sleep. Halloween 2012 = SUCCESS!!


















No comments:
Post a Comment