Have I mentioned that I love him? :)
We started off by trying to get Sutton to ride this little train. He's obsessed with "choo choos" but apparently he's all talk because he refused to get on the thing.
The next stop was the tricycle track.
As we were leaving the house, Adam put on a hat and so Sutton told us he needed to wear one too. :)
Next was the big bouncy thing. We had it all to ourselves and this was so much fun! Such a workout too. Sutton was on the fence...he would giggle hysterically and then start whimpering and asking us to hold him. Maybe when he's a bit bigger, this will be more fun for him.
Then came the giant slide. This was a hit last year, but he only went down it once this year and he was done.
One of his new tricks is doing a thumbs up. He usually accompanies this with a "good job!"
And the corn maze. A little muddy, so luckily we found our way around and out pretty quickly.
Then we walked down to where the actual pumpkin patch was.
We had to cross a bridge to get there and we stopped to look at the water below.
We took his photo on this hay bale last year, so I had to do it again.
Had to see how tall he was. Three whole feet!
And a little comparison from last year. :) He's so big now! Not just height, but he went from baby to boy overnight, it seems.
For those of you wondering, yes, my hubby had a giant beard, and no, he has no plans on shaving it any time soon. He has a goal in mind of this long crazy beard that he thinks looks good. The burdens we must bear... :)
The patch was too muddy to walk around in, so we rode the hayrack ride back to the main area and got a couple pumpkins from the already-picked pile. Sutton had fun searching for his pumpkin among the many different varieties they had.
He wanted to make sure I could see his pumpkin...
"Don't hold it in front of your face, buddy."
There we go! He held onto that thing the entire rest of the time and the drive home. He kept dropping it, so who knows how long it'll last. It had a little area with some markings on it, and we told him it was an owwie, so he can't stop talking about the pumpkin's owwie and how he'll make it feel better.
And the whole fam. A little wet and scraggly, but I'll take it.
Sutton loves our pumpkins and whenever he sees them he yells "PUMPKIN PATCH!!!!" It's pretty cute. We still need to carve them, then hopefully we'll have a cute little fall arrangement on our front porch with some pumpkins we painted earlier this month.
I took a photo of downtown Wichita as we were on the highway driving home because I had my camera out and I wasn't the one driving. Kinda fun.
Until next year, pumpkin patch...































No comments:
Post a Comment