Friday, December 7, 2012

Things Sutton Says...

Driving in the car...
Sutton: "Wook! Wook at me Mommy!"
Mommy: "I can't right now Sutton, I need to focus on the road."
Sutton: "Why?"
Mommy: "Well...I have to tell the car where to go."
Sutton: "PIZZA! Go get pizza, car!"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You must know...he doesn't use the pronoun "I," instead he always says "My." 
We hear a siren in the distance:
Sutton: "Ambulance, Mommy?"
Mommy: "Yeah, buddy, I think so."
Sutton: "Going to help the people? The people who are hurt?"
Mommy: "Yeah, it's going to go help the people who are hurt."
Sutton: "They crying, Mommy?"
Mommy: "Yeah, they might be crying."
Sutton: "My go help them? My go help them stop crying?"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Getting ready for bed one night and he sees his nightlight, which is shaped like a cross:
Sutton: "Cwoss? Cwoss light?"
Mommy: "Yep, it's a cross, isn't it?"
Sutton: "Yeah!!"
Mommy: "Do you see the letters on it? Do you know what they say? They say 'Jesus Loves Me.'"
Sutton: "Jesus? Yeah!"
Mommy: "Did you know that Jesus loves you very much? As much as Mommy loves you?"
Sutton: (Reaches hands up to the ceiling.) "This? This much?"
Mommy: "Yes, that much!"
Sutton: "What's that?" (Points to shadow the rocking chair is making on the ceiling.)
Mommy: "That's a shadow from the chair moving."
Sutton: "Ohhhh..." (Stares at the ceiling the rest of our singing/rocking time, enthralled.)
I try to have deep conversations... :)


No comments:

Post a Comment