Monday, April 1, 2013

Easter {2013}

Sutton and I went to church on Saturday evening with my parents, and then out for dinner afterwards. So Sunday morning was a peaceful time before we headed over to Adam's parents house for an Easter egg hunt and lunch. We also didn't get all dressed up, so please disregard the t-shirts and jeans. :)

Yesterday was beautiful out, so Adam and Sutton and I walked to Adam's parents house which is about a mile away from ours (very handy). When we got there, my parents were just pulling in. At first, Sutton didn't know what to do with all of his grandparents together, ha! He was a bit off and I'm not sure if he wasn't feeling well or if he just felt like being moody, but he enjoyed the Easter egg hunt at least, and asked if we could do it again when it was all over.


Cousin Corbin has decided that he's too old for hunting Easter eggs, so he hid them for the little kids. Luckily, he made several of them easy enough for Sutton to find.












Cousins Breegan and Aubrynn sat down with Sutton on the deck afterwards to count their eggs and eat a little candy.


This is what Sutton does these days when I ask him to smile for me:


Then we had to take a few family photos. I posted several cause I couldn't decide which one I liked best. Thanks to Adam's sister Jessica for taking these for us!

                     




Then we had to eat some more candy.



We had an awesome lunch that Janet and Jessica prepared, and cake that my parents had made. Then we all went back outside to play some more. Just before we walked back home, my parents gave Sutton an Easter gift with some fun stickers and games and of course some chocolate too. :)





And Breegan had a fun time swinging. :)




A quick picture with Papa Bruce and Grandma Ancy before we all left to go home for naps.



And we're so thankful for the real reason we celebrate this amazing holiday...the sacrifice Jesus made for us by dying on the cross to save us all. I kept thinking about this awesome truth throughout the day...how much more real it has been made to me since having a son of my own. It really was the ultimate sacrifice for God to lay down His Son's life for me and for you.

Praise His Holy Name!

3 comments:

  1. I was so going to say that...2013?! And did you go to the 4 or 530 4 was nuts!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks guys! My mistake. Michele - I went to the 4pm one and YES, totally nuts.

    ReplyDelete