Thursday, April 11, 2013

Ice Storm {April 2013}

Most of you who read this probably live in Kansas, but for the few who don't...we had a big ice storm yesterday and the night before. Sandwiched in between two 50+ degree days (of course). I love storms and dreary days, so I was loving it, but I know most people are ready for the warm spring that April usually brings! I suppose I am too, since it means playing outside for the kiddo.

I was in the midst of getting my 2-year-old ready for school this morning and I got this text from my mom:

Are u taking pix of the ice sparkling like diamonds in the rising sun?

I hadn't even looked outside. It was beautiful! Thank goodness for awesome moms. I grabbed my camera and headed outside.

Our yard/neighborhood isn't particularly pretty like some of the others with blossoming trees all in straight rows, so I just took some photos of what we do have: ice. Lots and lots of melting ice.



















Thanks Mom, for making me pause in the middle of my busy life to enjoy this beautiful morning! Love you!

1 comment: