At 3 months:
*You still nurse about every 3 hours. Sometimes longer, sometimes shorter. Usually your eating schedule is 7am, 10am, 1pm, 4-5pm, 7-9pm, and then once during the night.
*You've been sleeping 7 and 8 hour stretches most nights. Your first long night stretch was April 25th…you slept 10pm to 5am. Every once in awhile, you'll be up every 3 hours, but that's not the norm.
*On May 11, which was Mother's Day, we put you in your own room for the first time at night. Maybe it wasn't a good idea to do it on Mother's Day, but you'd definitely outgrown the cradle in our room. Daddy said he was having to untangle your legs from between the spindles several times a night, and your pacifier kept falling out onto the ground. You did so well! You just woke up at 3am to eat, then again at 6:30am, when I brought you into my bed and nursed you again.
*You are SO smiley! Sometimes I'll be doing something and I'll look over at you and catch you smiling at me. Whenever we look at you and talk to you, your face just lights up. You especially love when Daddy talks gibberish to you.
*You are filling out size 3 month clothes. Same with size 1 diapers. We're about to go up a size in those.
*At your 2 month appointment, which was really like a 2.5 month appointment, you weighed 13 pounds, 5 ounces. So you're probably around 14 pounds. Your weight was in the 50th percentile and your height was in the 36th. Which seems backwards to me because you seem long and skinny. Who knows.
*We tried out the Bumbo chair for the first time on May 12. You do great in it, but you always kinda fall forward or to one side.
*You've pretty much outgrown the newborn way I do the Moby wrap. So I need to figure out the next way to wrap you in there where your legs hang out.
*You love sitting up. When we lay you back against something (like in the photo below), you always try to sit forward so you're supporting yourself. But the balance isn't there at ALL yet, so you fall over.
*You also love standing. You can support your own weight really well. We just have to balance you. Sometimes you'll "yell" at us if we try to make you lay back…you want to be sitting up or standing.
*You've started taking baths with your big brother. I put a little water in the tub, and put you in there on a little sling thing. You've started liking baths, so you'll kick your feet around and smile. I usually let you soak a little after I'm done washing you because you seem so content in there. After I take you out, I have to put more water in there for Sutton to finish up his bath.
*You've really taken to chewing on your hands. If your pacifier isn't in there, your hands are. And it makes you drool like crazy. A lot of times, both your hands and the front of your onesie's are covered in drool.
*You talk so much. You'll "sing" along when I sing you songs you know. When we talk to you, you always respond with coos. So. Darn. Cute.
*You still very much look bald, but you definitely have little blonde hairs. Your eyes are grey just like Sutton's were, so I'm thinking they'll turn brown like his did.
*You are a tummy sleeper. I know it's not what you're *supposed* to do, but you sleep so much better, longer, and more restfully that way. You take your naps in my bed, and then sleep in your crib at night.
*Our morning routine has been getting more regular. You'll wake up around 6:30 or 7am to eat, so I bring you in my bed and nurse you laying down. You usually fall asleep during that feeding, so we both go back to sleep until Sutton wakes up around 7:45 or 8am.
*You usually take two shorter morning naps, a long afternoon nap at the same time as Sutton, and then some catnaps throughout the evening.
*We still use the nipple shield most of the time, just because you stay latched better and longer, which makes me think you eat more. If we're out and about, I generally don't bring it along but when we're at home you use it.
*You're a cuddler. You love to be held and if we hold you on our shoulder, you always lay your head down and cuddle into our neck.
*You're very obvious about when you need something. You will be perfectly happy and content, then all of a sudden you start crying. I lay you down, and you're asleep just like that. Or I feed you, and you're good to go. There's no working up to it…it's all or nothing.
*Now that you're more aware of everything, you're unsure of Sutton sometimes. You love him for sure…you give him smiles all the time when he plays with you. But if he's all up in your face or if he's too loud, you'll cry or whine a little. So we have to watch that.
*You are just soooooo laid back. We thought Sutton was a calm baby, but you're even calmer. I thank God for our chill babies. Most people haven't ever heard you cry. When you do cry, your face always gets all sad/angry before the actual sound comes out.
One of my favorite pictures ever:
And here's our monthly comparison. Growing fast!


















No comments:
Post a Comment