Thursday, December 18, 2014

Snow!

Yesterday afternoon it started icing here, then that turned into snow. It was a beautiful, peaceful snow that glowed in the streetlights. It snowed all night and then this morning, we had a blanket of white to wake up to. And it's mid-30s/low 40s so not too cold at all. After I picked up Sutton from school today, we had a chance to play in it a little.


At first, Ren was excited to be outside. But then he realized that he was stuck in one spot while his brother was running around. And he tried to grab some snow and wet leaves and realized it was cold. So he quickly got whiny. This was his first time wearing shoes! I only put them on him for the warmth factor.


I think this will be forever known as the pink-snowboot-era. Sutton got these boots as hand-me-downs from his (girl) cousins and he loves them. And momma loves free snow boots. :)



I we built a snowman. Sutton added the "hair."


My three sons?


Ren was nearing breakdown mode, so I grabbed him and we sat on the porch swing while big bro played some more. I couldn't help but take a few more photos of him having fun.


And I'm so glad I did because the photo below is one of my faves. Like, all-time faves. He's so happy and snowy and such a cute little guy.


The Bama sweatshirt is also a hand-me-down from cousins. Good thing he is 12th down the line of cousins on that side. Not sure what we'd do without all the free clothes. :)


It'll all be melted soon, I'm sure. But it was fun while it lasted! And now that school is over today, Sutton is officially on Christmas Break! After the school day tomorrow, Adam will be too. Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment