Saturday, December 27, 2014

Sutton's First Airplane Ride

Hello! I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas that was stress-free and family-filled. We had a great one, and I have lots of photos to post later.

But today was a big day for Sutton. He LOVES airplanes and has a hundred toy airplanes. He's basically been asking to ride in an airplane since he could talk. I get "Mommy? When will WE get to ride in an airplane?" at least once a week. It doesn't help that we live in the direct flight path to Mid-Continent Airport so we are always seeing planes flying overhead.

We don't travel much, and most of our family lives here or within driving distance, so Adam and I haven't flown anywhere since 2009 and we don't have any trips planned in the foreseeable future that would require flying. So Sutton has never been in a plane and it would likely be awhile before he very would.

Daddy to the rescue! Adam keeps in touch with some of his past students, and one of them is at pilot school in Salina and has had his pilot's license for 2 years. Long story short, Adam pulled some strings and got Austin to agree to take them up for a ride. So on Christmas Day, we told Sutton about it and he didn't even know what to say. It was pretty great.

Today was a perfect day for a flight. I took a bunch of pictures before they went up. They flew from the Newton Airport, over our house and made a touch-down at Mid-Continent before circling around and taking the long way back. They flew for about an hour and 15 minutes. Sutton LOVED it. There is video to come, but for now here are the photos I took.




It's pretty crazy that Adam's past student is old enough to be a pilot (and taller than Adam!).


Austin's brother is a current student of Adam's and flew with them too.









No comments:

Post a Comment