Ren, at 22 months:
*You have become QUITE the handful. No one else believes me, because you are so cute and sweet to everyone but ME. I guess in your defense, you can be cute and sweet to me too, but I'm around you more than anyone so I get to see the other side too. It's cliche to say, but I can't take my eyes off you for a second. One incident that comes to mind is this week, I got out of the shower (like a 5 minute long shower) and found you sitting on top of the dining room table, eating leftover bread crust from lunch.
*You copy everything Sutton does. You make the same noises. You have to go everywhere he goes. You even fall over when he falls over. You love him so much. You even climbed all the way up this hill to where Sutton is by yourself:
*You are SO independent and opinionated. You don't want us to feed you, you will turn your head away if we try. You get mad if we try to give you a green squeezie (veggies) instead of red (fruit). You often inSIST that I hold you at all times, which means I can get nothing done. Usually it's at the most inopportune time (like when we are trying to get out of the house to go somewhere).
*You are funny. You like to make burping and tooting noise, and you have a ridiculous fake laugh. You also say "cheese" when I point a camera at you, which I don't remember teaching you.
*You love coffee, Christmas lights, birds in flying in the sky, snow, hot cocoa, crackers, music, dancing, and having raspberries blown on your belly. These are all things you have signed the word "more" for lately.
*You use the sign for "more" constantly. When you want more food, when you want to see something again, when you saw snow for one of the first times this week and then it went away.
One of my favorite photos from our time today:
*You have started trying to say more words. You will try to say anything we ask, but you've started using words more instead of whining lately. You will say "more" while you sign it. You can say "uh huh" the positive and "uh uh" the negative. You recently started saying "no." You say momma, dada, Sutton, please, cheese, and oh no. You have started getting really good at saying "thank you" when we give you things or do things for you, but it kinda sounds like "you're welcome" so.... I don't know.
*You wear size 18-24 clothes and size 4 diapers.
*You're still holding onto 2 naps a day. The 1 nap thing just doesn't fly. Sometimes I have to work a bit to get you down for the second one. But if I try to skip the morning one, you are done with life by 11am.
*You love being outside and playing with dirt, sticks, rocks, water. You love swinging.
*You don't eat anything still. You like dips, so you will eat ketchup and peanut butter and Ranch. You ate a whole bowl of oatmeal this morning which was exciting. You love squeezies still and crackers (sometimes). We found out that you like dehydrated strawberries that come in strawberry cereal. You rarely drink white milk anymore because if you see that I don't put any chocolate in it, you yell "CA-COW, CA-COW" which is how you say chocolate.
*You will sometimes ask for bed. Like I change you, and go to rock you and instead you point to your bed and say "beh." Sometimes you go right to sleep and other times you mess around...stand up, sit down, play with the window, play with the monitor.
*You LOVE to feed Diesel and yell at me if I do it without you. Your rate of getting all his food in his bowl is about 15%. :)
*Your favorite shows are Thomas the Train and Daniel Tiger. We haven't watched as much TV lately (which is a good thing!) because we have been so busy.
*You love to scare us by coming around a corner and saying "Boo!" So cute.
*You've started saying "it coe" for "it's cold." And you'll say brrr, cool, whoa, and wow.
*You have this trick of climbing up onto the ottoman under my desk while I'm working. From there, you can squeeze onto my lap. So sneaky.
My brain is fried and we've got a lot going on, so I will end things here. Enjoy the rest of the photos!















No comments:
Post a Comment