We woke up and got dressed and packed up for a surprise that Daddy wouldn't even tell Mommy about. We stopped at Quik Trip for gas, donuts, and juice...which made for happy boys!
Daddy drove us up to Topeka, to Going Bonkers, which is a kid heaven of sorts. A play place on steroids with an arcade and cafe.
We spent the morning there. Sutton loved it and was going non-stop. Ren was unsure about all the holes under his feet. Sometimes he would start climbing but then he would remember he was scared and start crying.
We ate lunch there and played a bit more before leaving. One thing's for sure, the boys were worn out!
I had to take this picture because Sutton looked like such a big kid, but he ended up going to sleep shortly after.
We were home for the rest of the day (his birthday was on a Friday, but Adam luckily had off due to parent teacher conferences earlier that week) and went to Braum's for ice cream after dinner. Ren kept sticking his hands in Daddy's mouth.
Usually when we get ice cream, Ren just gets bites of ours. But on his birthday, he got a whole chocolate shake to himself! He was excited.
The next day was his party. I knew he wouldn't care about decorations and with the impending move, I didn't plan any. But I got to feeling bad the day of, so Rachael (who came down from KC with her family for his party) and I did a little something for the wall. Haha, poor second kid...minimal birthday decorations and ALL iPhone party pics. :)
Saturday evening we had his party. It was mostly family and just a couple friends. As a 2-year-old who doesn't go to daycare, Ren doesn't really have friends. So other than family, we had Rachael's family and Ren's little friend Greyson + his parents. They hang out at the Y a lot together. We had pizza and donuts. :) Here's Ren, waiting for me to get his donut ready.
We knew he'd be more excited about donuts ("no-nuts!") than cake, so we just bypassed a birthday cake altogether. Adam and I take great pictures... :/
Singing Happy Birthday...
He blew out his candles like a big kid and we all clapped. Then he dug in!
Had to get our family photo before he got TOO messy.

A photo with our KC buddies.
He did NOT want to look at me for any photos.
All the kiddos. Grey wasn't happy about being held by Sutton.
Showing Papa his donut.
He opened presents and the kids played outside because it was actually a gorgeous night (in February!)...notice the shorts! Then when Grandma and Papa Funk were the only ones left, Ren got to read his new book with Grandma.
It was a super low-key party, which was great. It was also the last party/celebration/gathering in our old house! I have one more post I want to do before I talk more about the move and the new house, so stay tuned.


























No comments:
Post a Comment