Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Sutton's Program & Last Day of Pre-K

Yesterday was Sutton's big End-of-the-Year program at school. They have been practicing for weeks for this, and he has been practicing at home too. We were both SO excited for it. Grandma Janet and Papa Ed were able to come watch too!

I was taking a test shot, and it ended up being super cute. His excited/nervous smile as the kids were going up onto the risers. :)


Now we're all business.


I took way too many photos (per usual), so I compiled them into this collage.



Ren was very interested and watched almost the whole time. Luckily Papa and Grandma were there to help so I could take photos.

                            


Here's a little video of the Wiggly Worm song:


He did so good. He remembered all the words, didn't mess around, and there was minimal face scratching (a nervous tic of his). Then they lined up to head back to their classroom.


We went back to the classroom and Sutton's teacher Ms. Sharon had made a video slideshow of photos from the whole year. She even included baby photos of each kid that she had gotten from us earlier in the year (that I'd totally forgotten about). The kids had fun guessing who was who on the baby photos.

                 

Then it was time for ice cream! Papa and Grandma had to go, so they took a quick photo with Sutton.



He got to make his own sundae. Yum yum.


Sitting with all his friends for one of the last times in preschool!



Ren had a hard time waiting through the video for it to be ice cream time. Then he had to wait even more while the students got theirs first. FINALLY I was able to grab some for him. He went to town and downed the whole bowl. And got to experience gummy worms for the first time.



Gross photo of me, but it was all I got with my boys.


Sutton and his best school buddy, Nicholas, who is sadly moving away in a couple weeks!


And with his teacher Ms. Sharon. He has absolutely loved having her this year. She's the best!!


That was all yesterday. Today was the official last day. He's actually still at school right now. We had to take some last day of school photos...we've always done these on the front porch of our old house, so we had to find a new spot this time! Such a handsome young man.


And to compare first day to last day:




Little bro had to join in a few (he's holding a scrap of weed-eater thread...who knows). I love this photo so much!


And a brother comparison. Ren looks SO much older!



Now we're off to Kindergarten, and I can't believe it!

No comments:

Post a Comment