Sutton has been loving Kindergarten! As I posted, Wednesday was his first day. But they just had half the class come that day. The other half came on Thursday, so Sutton didn't go yesterday. So today was his second day. Both days, he came home happy and ready to play with his brother. :)
His favorite thing about Kindergarten was Music. At first he said there was no "worst part" about his day. But later he modified his answer and said that the worst part was that he missed me and Ren. Melt my heart.
Daddy has gotten to talk to him a little in the cafeteria at lunch each day and saw him in the hallway a few times. It's definitely nice to know that Sutton can see a familiar face during his long days at school.
Since today was his first day with his ENTIRE class, I asked him how that went. He said he made "so many friends," because he was pretending to make pizza and they all wanted to play with him. There are 3 kids from his class last year at preschool in his class, and another girl he knows because we're friends with her parents.
The Kindergarteners have a special, enclosed playground separate from the big kids for their recess. Daddy's classroom window faces this playground, as does one of the other teacher's window - Mrs. Parker. She's a friend of ours, so she sent me this photo today:
There's one thing that happened that is just makes me tear up every time I think about it. I wrote Sutton a simple note that I put in his lunch on his first day. He can't read yet, so it just said "Sutton - I love u. -Mommy" But the love was a heart. Apparently he asked one of the lunch teachers to read it for him (though I know he could've figured it out if he'd tried), and then he put it in his pocket because he loved it so much and he kept it. When he told me this after school, I died.
So OBVIOUSLY today I had to leave another note in his lunch. I drew him a little picture of me and him holding hands and slipped it in. After school, I asked him if he saw it. Not only had he (once again) folded it up and kept it in his pocket, but he told me "When nobody was looking, I would take it out and look at it again." Holy moly. So many happy feelings. I love this boy. I accidentally washed the first note because it was left in his shorts, but here's today's.
Let's just hope the good attitude of loving school continues!!


No comments:
Post a Comment