I can't believe this day is here. Even though he went to preschool for 3 years, and a Kids Day Inn program before that...this seems like so much more of a big deal. We have been counting the days, talking about all things Kindergarten, and getting so excited for weeks and weeks. Last night, as I was putting him to bed, I snapped this photo and posted it on Instagram:
He was upset about the whole thing. He didn't want Sutton to go. He didn't want to go outside. He didn't want to get in the car. It's hard being 2. Like any good mother, I forced him to go outside, and he stood at the front door trying to get back in while I took Sutton's photo. The good one is above, but here are some outtakes.
A few more of my handsome Kindergartener...
Meanwhile, Ren moved his pouting to the stairs. I went to go get him and he got up and ran away to the barn.
I was ready to just get in the car and go, but Sutton started saying sweet things to Ren about how he really wanted Ren in a picture with him for his big day. After I saw how important it was to Sutton, I started telling Ren he could get something special if he took some photos with his brother. He goes "A sucker?" I told him Maybe...and that was all it took.
Sorry for the million of those...they were just all cute. :) We drove to school and were a little early so we waited in the car for a bit. I kept asking Sutton how he was feeling and he kept saying "Good!"

We finally got out and walked around to the front doors.
It was fun because everyone was waiting out front and there was so much excitement in the air.
When the doors opened, we went to go see Daddy first. Daddy was outside his classroom, greeting HIS new students.
Then we walked to Sutton's classroom and got a photo with his teacher, Mrs. Merseal. She is already the best and we love her!
He hung up his backpack and went to sit down at his desk. There was a coloring sheet for him to start working on, so he got out his crayons and pencil.
He showed me how "when I work really hard, this is what I look like."
Ren sat down at a seat at Sutton's table and asked for a coloring sheet too. Poor guy...I told him we had to leave.
I gave Sutton a hug and the tears started. Then Ren gave him a hug and the tears REALLY started. Mrs. Merseal gave me a sympathetic glance as we left. Then I had to navigate through the busy halls and the parking lot with tears in my eyes before we got to the car.
We got home and walked inside. Ren said "Where's Sutton?" I said "You know where he is." He said "Oh! Yeah! Kindergarten!" Pause. "I color now too? Like Sutton?"
It was super sweet. Throughout today, he's asked several times where Sutton is and then before I say anything he goes, "Oh, Kindergarten!" Poor guy...this is going to take some getting used to for us all!
























No comments:
Post a Comment