I'm also very thankful for the prayers you all have sent up for us. While I'm nowhere near being past this, I know that I could be at a much worse place than I am, and I owe that all to Him and His faithfulness. We have such a great group of friends and family who are more than willing to do anything to help us out. Thanks everyone for being so good to us.

I don't know that I will be updating this blog very often now, so I thought I should at least put a final post about things. I'm doing okay physically, and we are just taking the emotional part day by day. I went back to work on Wednesday, though I wasn't sure I was ready. It was good...distracting. I hope you will continue praying for us. This is our story now...we'll never forget our first little baby.
I'll leave you with a photo of Adam and I from my birthday party on Friday.

Hi Gina -- You don't know me, but I found Ginger's blog through the McClenahan's blog. I know Joel and Jess through church. Anyways, I'm REALLY sorry to hear about your loss. My husband and I have been through a similar story. It took us 18 months to get pregnant. We were going through some fertility testing. We were one "cycle" away from using a fertility drug, and then, voila -- I got pregnant. But, 9 weeks into it, we found out that it too was not an embryo that had developed properly. However, my body never did lose it, so after a week of several sonograms and a BUNCH of bloodwork, my dr. performed a D & C as well as some other exploratory surgery. I won't go into all of the details, but after the surgery, we had to wait 3 months to try again for a baby. That time, pregnancy didn't take long at all, and almost 11 months ago, we had a wonderful little boy named Luke. Now, I'm telling you this because emotional recovery does take time as I still tear up thinking about our first baby, now in heaven. However, God has used our experience for me to help others through miscarriages. Society, I believe, doesn't look at miscarriages as traumatic, but believe me, it is. So, even though we don't know you, please know that I am praying for you and your husband, and I completely understand. If you EVER want somebody to talk about this with, know that I am free. scfriesen@sbcglobal.net
ReplyDeleteAlso, Jess McClenahan would know how to get a hold of me.
Take care. Thanks for reading (I hope you get this as you said you may not be blogging for awhile).