Saturday, April 2, 2011

Yet Another Zoo Trip

We spent yesterday afternoon at the zoo with Lindsey and Tucker. These two cute boys are 7 1/2 weeks apart and since their mamas spent most of their pregnancies together, we totally expect them to become best friends.


Tucker wasn't feeling great, so he wasn't a big fan of the smelly elephant training building or the giraffes that got right in our face.


And Sutton was mostly interested in sucking on his socks. Gross. 


Pretty sure this giraffe isn't supposed to be in the ditch?!


This is where Tucker spent most of the day, in his little cave.



This giraffe attacked me and Sutton! We went to get a closer look, and it thought I had food, so it head-rushed me and then it's tongue shot out like 3 feet. I screamed and ran away...which may have been why Tucker got scared then. Sorry, buddy.




Those socks were completely soaked with drool at this point. Once I took them away, the meltdown started and he screamed unless I was holding him. He's quite heavy, and we were at the farthest exhibit from the car, of course. I got real sweaty. :) Aside from all the meltdowns, it was a fun trip! I'm glad I have friends who have zoo passes!

No comments:

Post a Comment