We've recently gotten into running.
By "we" I mean Sutton and I.
Because Adam's been doing it for awhile now. He's training for a half Ironman triathlon in October.
Crazy? I think so.
The other day, he just went out and ran 12 miles. 12 MILES!
I'm starting from scratch. Minus a month of 10-Minute Trainer workout videos that I did in March, I haven't done much exercising since baby boy came along. With his 1 year birthday coming up (sob), it's time for me to be done with the baby body.
Adam found a jogging stroller for $50 on Craigslist. A great deal, as they can be pretty pricey. The combo of the jogging stroller and this book Adam read and described to me in great detail called Born to Run (which I've started reading, very interesting), I've become convinced that I need to learn to love running.
I've always hated running.
But Adam tells me to learn to love the pain and what it's doing for my body.
So I'm trying. Doing okay so far.
This morning, Sutton and I went for a little jog. I think he likes the new stroller.
Notice how he's always holding trash of some sort? Weird kid.
It was pretty chilly when we got out there, so we came back in and bundled up.
We've also made an effort to start being a lot healthier with our eating. It's hard. Food is my downfall. I LOVE sweets and pop. But if I know I have to run in the evening, it helps me to stay on track with what I eat during the day because my run will be easier without all the crap in my body.
And here's a running plan I found...I'm not following it really, but if the method I'm using doesn't work, I may try this.
So now that I've put it out there in internet-land, I have to stick to it, right?



No comments:
Post a Comment