Can I just say that today's pictures were so much more difficult than in the past? That pillow I always put behind you? Well, you thought you needed to hold it.
And I was met with a tantrum if I tried to take away the lens cap to my camera.
You also discovered that our porch bench rocks, so you kept wiggggggggling all around to make it move, almost falling off several times and giving me a heart attack. You crazy! You're definitely ornery just like your dad.
Sutton, at 11 months you are doing so many new things. I hope I can remember them all:
*You crawl! You started on Mother's Day. :) Sometimes you can do it correctly, but more often than not, it's kinda a scoot/crawl where you keep one leg underneath and push off with the other one. It sure gets you to where you're going.
*Your favorite thing right now is clapping. You do it all the time, and then you get SO proud of yourself and grin this giant grin at us. All we have to do is say "Sutton, can you clap?" But mostly you do it without us asking. It's my favorite thing too:
Please also note how the one foot CANNOT be set down on the grass. Cannot. :)
*We're in the process of weaning you off of night time feedings. It's been about a week and a half, and I'd say we're 50/50 for you sleeping all night vs. getting up once to eat. A couple times you wet the bed since you were in the same diaper all night, and I think that's what woke you up.
*Your favorite toy is my phone. You love changing my wallpaper, turning on the bluetooth, and calling or texting Val. It's always Val. I think the V key is easy for you to reach? Or maybe you just have extra love for her. :)
*You sweat like no one I've ever met. The other day you were just sitting in our house, sweating, so I looked up the outside temperature, and it was only like 65*. We're going to have to spend a lot of time in our cool basement and in the pool this summer.
*You're constantly moving, crawling all over everything and everyone. You're thinning out a lot.
*I still put you in 6 month onesies sometimes. Now that you're thinning out, the length is the only part that's getting a little tight.
*You still take 2-3 naps per day. About 3 hours after you get up, you take one, and then another afternoon one. We put you to bed between 8 and 9pm.
*Bed time has been better now that we have a bit more of a routine. You get a bath every other night before bed, then we put on your lotion and jammies and nurse before I lay you down. You go right to sleep.
*You're still in your infant carseat...though we're stretching the weight limit just a tad. We're putting off getting the next carseat because really, we need 2 since I drop you off at daycare and your dad picks you up, but we're gonna try to get by without til summer at least.
*You are still really into babbling. You don't say "mama" near as much as last month, but you still love to say "dada." You're starting to make a "chhhh" sound that's funny.
*We're trying to teach you what "no" means, but you don't get it yet. At all.
*You're still really into holding things. Usually you have a toy or wrapper of some sort in at least one hand, sometimes both.
*You love cords and electronics way more than your toys. It's a constant battle keeping you out of the tv/blu-ray player/computer stuff.
*You're still in size 3 diapers and 6-12 month clothes. We have a couple 18 month things you wear.
*Eating is pretty much the same still. You nurse when you wake up in the morning, mid-afternoon, and before bed with meals of baby food in between.
*We tried a sippy cup yesterday and you liked it. I couldn't tell if you were actually drinking any water, but you liked to at least pretend. I don't think you're a big fan of water yet. When you picked up the cup yourself and put it in your mouth, you didn't understand that you had to tip your head back to get the water.
*You've started wearing SHOES a lot. I never put you in them before really, but I kinda feel like we're at the point where it's a little weird for you to be in public with bare feet.
*We have our very first tooth cutting through on the bottom. Your aunt Rachael watched you this morning and she found it. There it is, plain as day! I LOVE YOU AND YOUR LITTLE TEETH!
Only ONE spot left in our monthly comparison! What I think is funny: look at today's picture, then look at the 5 month one. Lol. He looks like a blob.



















No comments:
Post a Comment