First, I wanted to show you what I have to work with. He has no attention span. Getting him to look at the camera? Good luck. But this shoot actually went well - he didn't try to crawl away. :)
And the photos we got from it:
So at 14 months, Sutton:
*You're starting to talk. Your words include dada (your clearest word, you actually say it TO him), mama (only if you're feeling especially generous, and it's usually only something you yell just to hear your own voice), all gone or all done, water, blankie, hello, uh oh. Most of these you won't say on command, and sometimes we don't realize that you've said a word because you don't articulate very clearly. :) It's mostly just inflection more than actual words, but I can understand you.
*You also like to yell when I yell. Like if Daddy's in the other room and I yell "Adam!" you immediately think you need to yell "AAAH!"
*You mimic everything we do. You love putting our phones up to your ear and saying "Hello?" Come to think of it, you do that with a lot of things that aren't phones, pretending they are.
Such a doll baby. :)
*Your walking is getting better every day! I think we had about 5 steps in a row today, and some of the time you'd stop in between, get your balance, then take another step, stop, etc. We got so proud of you, and then you got so proud of yourself!
*You're ticklish under your chin and on your belly. You have the most awesome belly laugh.
*Your hair is ridiculous but your Daddy won't let me cut it.
*You eat LOTS and all the time. Breakfast is oatmeal and a banana. Lunch and dinner are a protein, a fruit, a veggie, and some yogurt. You get an afternoon and a nighttime snack of goldfish. Even if you've just eaten and you see us eating, you think you need our food. You take out your pacifier and reach for our food and whine when we don't give you any.
*Meal and snack times go like this: we set you in your high chair, you take out your pacifier and have to set it on the table (not on your tray), and we give you your water. You drink your water and then have to set that on the table and THEN you can begin eating.
*Since I've been working out 3 times a week, you've been going to the nursery at the Y. You do really good there and I've seen you crawling around by yourself on their jungle gym thing. The ladies there all know you and you seem like you know them. We've also been able to take you to the nursery at church. Hooray for being able to go to church again!
*You love being at Becky's twice a week while I work at home. I hear good things about you laughing and playing and trying to feed your veggies to Shep. :)
*You're really into cuddling lately. We sit or lay with you on the floor a lot and you like to crawl over to us, lay your blankie on us, and then lay your head on that. It's really cute. You also like back scratches and you LOVE us to play with your hair, it just mesmerizes you.
I was thinking back to how things were a few months ago and how they've gradually changed without me even noticing. You don't ever sleep on me anymore and you used to take your afternoon nap on my chest every day I was home with you. You don't let me hold you like a baby unless you're extremely tired or sick. You're becoming more social with other adults and kids and you used to ONLY want me. I love that you're growing into such an amazing little boy. I miss your baby habits, but hopefully we took enough photos and videos to remember it all.




No comments:
Post a Comment