We started the nap in his pack n play upstairs where it was darker, but they just have a swamp cooler, not an a/c, so he woke up sweaty shortly thereafter. I transferred him downstairs to a bed on the floor, and he took the rest of his nap there. Dark and blurry, but he was so sweet sleeping on a real bed!
That evening, we headed to an amazing indoor water park nearby where Sutton had the time of his life splashing around and going down slides with Adam. Then we made pizzas on the grill before going to bed. I forgot my camera and barely took any photos on my phone that day. :(
The next day, we went to a little park by Michael and Sara's house to let Sutton play.
I love this photo of Michael and Sutton with the sunglasses and Sutton looking up at him.
Sutton was showing off his muscles...
We decided to move on to a park that was closer to the mountains so I could get some mountains in my photos. We stopped at another little park that had this little stream that Sutton had fun walking in.
Sutton loves tunnels, so he went under this tunnel with Uncle Michael.
More muscles...
I didn't take many scenic photos, and the ones I did were mostly out of the car window while we were driving. I was sitting up front, trying not to get car sick.
We got to Golden, Colorado, and found this mountain creek that lots of people were playing in on a hot day. We stuck our feet in and it was FREEZING. Like, hurt-my-feet freezing. I couldn't believe that people were fully submerging themselves. There was a little rock slab that was like a slide right in front of us that people kept tubing down. We even saw a couple paddle-boarders.
It was lunch time by that point, so we stopped at Old Capitol Grill in downtown Golden and had lunch. Sutton and Daddy colored.
Well, I tried...
Golden was a really cool little town with lots of little shops and restaurants. I would've loved to spend more time there if it hadn't been nap time. Maybe next time. :) Sutton posed for me by some chickens.
During naptime, Sara and I went to get coffee at this nearby coffee shop that was great. Then we spent a little girl time at Target and both found some clothes! Always a good thing. :)
Two more parts to our Colorado trip, coming soon...

























No comments:
Post a Comment