Thursday, July 26, 2012

Lately...


I've been shooting a lot lately in 105+ degree temps. Unfortunately, that's getting to be the norm for summer photography in Kansas. Maybe I should re-think my strategy and take July and August off, and try to book up December and January instead? Not sure how that will go over with the clients... :)


We went out to Chili's for dinner one evening and I got this cute photo of Sutton. As of late, every time we go to a restaurant, Sutton has a mantra that he chants: "Mac n cheese! Mac n cheese!" Good thing most restaurants have mac n cheese on their kids menus.


Adam's mom has been coming over in the evenings to take Sutton on a short walk around our neighborhood. One evening, cousin Corbin came along, and then we went to Braum's afterwards. Corbin and Sutton went off into the grocery area and it just tickled me because Sutton was acting so big, like he was just one of the guys. Yelling and following Corbin around.


While in Colorado, sis-in-law Sara turned me onto this amazing homemade coffee creamer. So once back in good ol' KS, I had to acquire a coffee maker first and foremost. Luckily, my parents had one they weren't using anymore. So we officially have a coffee maker and last week, I made coffee every morning! I ran out of my creamer this week so I'm taking a break in efforts to not get too addicted. If you're interested, the creamer recipe:

14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
14 oz milk
2 tsp vanilla
Put it all in a quart-sized mason jar and shake it up to mix. Keep it in your fridge and use it with your morning coffee. Yum-O!


Friday evening, I went over to my parents house for dinner because Adam was taking a class for his master's. My mom convinced me to highlight her hair. I didn't take an after photo, but it turned out pretty good. We learned what to do differently for next time. :)


Then we went out in their backyard and Sutton helped his Grandma pick tomatoes. He held the basket and dropped tomatoes in. We'd also taken Diesel along, and I really believe he'd prefer to live at my parents house. He loves them and their dogs and always has such a fun time playing there. Then we come home and he just lays on the couch here. Poor guy.


I bought some red lipstick and had to give Sutton some kissy marks on his cheek. He had a sucker because...he'd just gone #1 AND #2 on the potty like a big boy!


Saturday evening we went out to Noodles & Co. after church. Adam and Sutton were wearing the same shirt, so I had to take a photo of the twins.


One morning, Adam went for a run at Sedgwick County Park, so since it was only 85 degrees at that point in the morning, I also went over to the park to let Sutton play at their big playground. He always has so much fun there. But it was hot. And he needed a big drink. :)


We've come to realize and accept that our child is strange. He puts his favorite stuffed animals in his armpit. I don't get it.


Sunday evening, Adam told me I had 20 minutes to get ready because he was taking me to a movie. Hooray! His parents came over to watch the kiddo and put him to bed, and so we went and saw the Dark Knight. I'd heard some not-so-great things, but we both really liked it!


Life-changing goodness right here. I discovered how to make a chocolate chip cookie for one in a mug. Courtesy of Pinterest. It was amazing. Recipe:

Melt 1 T butter in mug
Add 1 T white sugar, 1 T brown sugar, few drops of vanilla and a pinch of salt
Mix with fork
Add 1 egg yolk and mix
Add 1/4 c flour and mix
Add 2 T chocolate chips
Give it a final stir
Pop in microwave for 40-60 seconds (mine took a bit longer) and there you go. AH-mazing!


Adam's grandpa who's been dubbed Old Papa was just moved to a nursing home. He's going to turn 95 next month!! 95! Wow. We went to visit him this week and he's still so funny and clever. Cousin Aubrynn with Old Papa.


Notice how Sutton has his hand on Old Papa...


 Old Papa had a picture of Flo from the Progressive commercials ripped out of a magazine and stuck to his wall. He told us that was his girlfriend. :) He had Flo, a John Deere calendar, and a bunch of framed photos of all his kids and grandkids. Not bad decorating. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment