Warning: this post talks a lot about throw up. Sorry. It happened. A lot.
This weekend/week, we were all down for the count, all at separate times (which I guess is a good thing?). Adam left to go run early Saturday morning, so when Sutton woke up, I got him out of his bed and asked if he wanted breakfast. He was kind of whiny and said no, he just wanted to watch Diego. So we cuddled on the couch and watched Diego. I stood up with him to go change his diaper after a bit, and the first throw-up happened with no warning.
He'd been coughing right beforehand, so I thought, eh, he just got himself too worked up. But then it happened again. And again. Two outfits (for both of us) later, I stripped us both down to our skivvies, put a towel on the couch, got a bowl from the kitchen, and settled in for what was sure to be a long day of the stomach flu.
I got puked on 4 of the 6 times it happened, and Adam got it once after he got home. Poor little guy didn't eat anything that day, and we literally watched Diego all.day.long.
The top two photos are post-1st throw up and the bottom is post-2nd throw up when he drenched our clothes. He wanted to drink lots of apple juice but every time he did, it all came back up. I hate when my baby is sick, I know he doesn't understand why he feels so bad. This was the first time he'd ever thrown up, so I'm sure he was wondering what was happening to his life.
He just wanted to be held the entire day, so Adam and I obliged. We also let him have his wawa (pacifier) and mimis (blankies) outside of his bedroom. I was so grateful that I only had one kid that day. He would watch Diego for awhile, then turn his head the other way and close his eyes. His catnaps weren't long, but I got a photo of him during one of them, sleeping with his hands by his face.
We made him a nest on the floor to try to prevent our couch from getting any more damage than it already had, but by that point he was done throwing up. It started coming out the other end, but I'll spare you those details. :)
One perk of him being sick was the cuddliness. He held my hand like he did when he was a baby. Love.
He started acting better that evening, and even ate a little. By the next day, he was running all over the place, but his appetite still isn't back. We went to Adam's school to watch the Olympics Sunday night and Sutton got to "col-yer" on a big posterboard. See that little profile? That's the exact profile we got in our sonogram photos when he was still cooking. :)
So by that evening, when he ate half of a Subway sandwich (one of his faves) we thought we were in the clear...
...later that night I started feeling a bit off as I was working out in my studio. The nausea kept getting worse and worse...by the time I went to bed, I knew I was a goner. I spent the entire night on the bathroom floor. I had the thought at one point that that was the worst I'd ever felt in my entire life and I felt so sad that my little guy had to go through it.
Not sure if it was the flu, or sleeping on the hard floor, but my hips hurt horribly all day Monday. Coupled with still having mild nausea and not having slept a ton the night before, I spent all of Monday in bed. Sweet Diesel stayed with me the WHOLE time and had to be convinced by Adam to even get down to go pee or eat something. He loves me even though I neglect him sometimes for my human baby. :) Don't know what I'll ever do without this guy.
I started feeling better Monday night and was able to eat a little. Woke up this morning feeling weak, and I still do, but life must go on, so I made up all my appointments today that I'd rescheduled from Monday. Unfortunately...
...I woke up at 3:30am this morning to rumblings in the bathroom. Adam had succumbed. He's been in bed all day today. Poor guy. I had to leave the kiddo with him this evening while I had a shoot, but I think he was feeling a bit better by that point.
Seriously though, who gets the flu in the summer?!
After losing my cousin this week to H1N1, me and my entire family have been doing a lot of research on how to keep our family safe from contracting anything to do with influenza or the flu!! You always see it on the news, but when it hits home... wow! you never expect it.We have been trying the standard things like washing our hands, but also wanted to find a way to make sure that that our houses are clean and germ free as well. We did some research and just purchased this cleaning product called Saniguard from http://erdistributing.com. Has anyone ever used this product? Everything we have read so far has been great, but we can't find any testimonials. Any feed back would be great! Thanks and best wishes to everyone and God bless Love you cuzz
ReplyDelete