Sunday, April 13, 2014

Superhero 5K

Sutton is obsessed with Captain America and also loves the Avengers. He also loves running, and tells me nearly daily that he wants to run a marathon. So when I heard there was going to be a Superhero 5K at the park near our house, I knew it would be right up his alley.

Adam signed them up and made himself an adult-sized shield to match Sutton's. They also both got Captain America t-shirts at Target and Sutton had been talking about the race for weeks. Friday night, the night before the race, he was playing in our yard and tripped and hurt his foot. Darn!

Here's Daddy and Sutton, all ready for the race.



Ren wasn't too excited, but he did great in his stroller for the most part.


I just thought this was funny…


Here they come!!





There they go!! So then Ren and I just waited/walked around until we saw them come back to cross the finish line.


Adam ditched the stroller a little ways out, and set Sutton down to run the last leg, but Sutton's foot hurt too bad, so Adam picked him up.








He couldn't even run this far, so they limped across the finish line.







There were Captain America cookies at the end!



No comments:

Post a Comment