Monday, August 11, 2014

Sutton's 4th Birthday {Phone Photos}

The photos I was missing from the computer switchover have been recovered. So, even though these are super late, I wanted to post them.

We started out Sutton's actual birthday morning by having him open a couple of small gifts that we got him. This one was a battery powered SuperSoaker that you don't have to pump. Sweet!


The big gift we got him this year was a playground for our backyard. Adam and Papa Ed found it on Craigslist and Papa worked hard to fix it up and get it all ready for Sutton. The night before his birthday, I took Sutton and Ren out on a date and hung out at Adam's parents house for a bit while the men assembled the playground in our backyard. Adam gift-wrapped our big window that faces the backyard so that Sutton could rip it open to see his playground in the morning. 


He loves it and plays on it a lot...the problem is that he always wants me to play with him, but I have a baby to hold, ha. Papa Ed and Grandma Janet came over to see his reaction to the playground, then they stuck around while Sutton tested out his new water gun on Papa.


Then we went out for donuts for breakfast. Chocolate and sprinkles. This boy's fave.



The whole crew.



That evening, we went out for dinner at Outback. Since we'd be having his cake at his party, I told Adam to pick up some cupcakes so Sutton could at least have a little cake on his birthday. After we ate, we pulled out a cupcake for him and sang to him.





Then that Saturday was the day of his party. Here he is with Grandma Ancy and Draco. Draco lived in Sutton's room all summer but has sadly made the journey back to Adam's classroom for the school year.


Zane's mom Julie took this photo of the little BFFs.


We had the bounce house all day, so even after his party was over, he bounced around in there awhile.


The Heaths came over in the evening with dinner and to let their kids bounce too. Their baby was born at the beginning of June, so over 3 months younger than Ren, and look how similar they are in size! Ha. Both fell asleep in their Daddy's arms. So sweet.


When Adam got Sutton's party decorations, he picked up this Captain America mask at the party store. The day after his party, I put Sutton down for his nap, but then had to go back in his room for something. This was how I found him...


No comments:

Post a Comment