We drove out to the middle of the lake. This had been one of the few days we'd tried to go without Sutton's nap. He fell asleep as we were driving. So did Ren. Adam got this photo of the tired little dudes.
We parked and they woke up. Adam tied the tube onto the boat and he and Sutton got on and just floated around for a bit. Then they both jumped in and Sutton swam around like a pro on his own. We were so proud of him.
Ren got hot just hanging out in the boat, and while he didn't complain, I felt bad for him.
So after I took those two photos, I stripped him down to his diaper. There's a wooden platform on the back of the boat, so he and I sat there and let the water run over our legs. He really seemed to like it.
I even got to go float out on the tube by myself for a bit. That hasn't happened since pre-kids. It was short-lived but awesome. After awhile, we decided to head back to shore. The boat wouldn't start. We were in the middle of the lake. Luckily, Adam figured out whatever it was that was wrong and after a few panicky moments, we got going.
We found some picnic tables near the boat ramp and had peanut-butter-and-jelly tortilla roll-ups and Sun Chips. Mm mm.
I wanted to remember this moment with Sutton, in all his little boy shirtless glory, sitting across from me having a picnic.
Ren got hot just hanging out in the boat, and while he didn't complain, I felt bad for him.
So after I took those two photos, I stripped him down to his diaper. There's a wooden platform on the back of the boat, so he and I sat there and let the water run over our legs. He really seemed to like it.
I even got to go float out on the tube by myself for a bit. That hasn't happened since pre-kids. It was short-lived but awesome. After awhile, we decided to head back to shore. The boat wouldn't start. We were in the middle of the lake. Luckily, Adam figured out whatever it was that was wrong and after a few panicky moments, we got going.
We found some picnic tables near the boat ramp and had peanut-butter-and-jelly tortilla roll-ups and Sun Chips. Mm mm.
I wanted to remember this moment with Sutton, in all his little boy shirtless glory, sitting across from me having a picnic.






No comments:
Post a Comment