Saturday, September 13, 2014

My Little Photo Assistant

Back in August, I had a shoot at Botanica with a family who has a 4-year-old boy and a 2-year-old girl. When the mom told the boy that I also had a 4-year-old boy (Alex's birthday is just 3 days before Sutton's), he wanted him to come along on our shoot.

I was hesitant because 1) I knew Sutton would just want to be IN all the photos and 2) I didn't want to have to deal with wrangling him and keeping him in line while I was working. But the mom insisted and I thought maybe he could help me out a bit by getting some "real" smiles from the kiddos. And Sutton absolutely LOVES Botanica since his preschool class took a field trip there last spring.

When we first started, I thought "Oh no, what have I done?!" because Sutton and Alex hit it off and acted like they'd known each other for years...running around, doing somersaults in the grass, and yelling their crazy heads off. But after awhile, it ended up being a good thing that he was there because the other kiddos lost interest in having their photos taken, but Sutton listened to me and showed them what to do. They took direction better from him than they did from me. So Sutton ended up in a few photos, and I thought I'd share them here.



 







No comments:

Post a Comment