Tuesday, May 5, 2015

A Few Goings On and ICYH


We've been having some great weather lately...warm, sunny days. So we've been spending a lot of time outside. I'm so thankful that both our backyard and front yard are places our boys can enjoy. Often times with these two, playing outside = dirt. Ren moreso than Sutton usually. But the particular day above, Sutton was busy digging trenches in our bare patches so he could bury helicopter seeds that would grow into trees. I love this photo of him and try to look at it and his sweetness in it when he has given me a challenging day. (Like today.)


Our poor Ren-a-roo struggled a lot with a fever last week. It lasted for quite a few days, and got up to 103.4 one of the days. The first day he woke up from his nap with it, I gave him some ibuprofen and once that kicked in, he was back to his normal self so we proceeded with our evening plans of visiting family. Bad idea. He slowly declined during the evening and ended up puking all over me. Like, a ton of puke. So much. More than I knew could fit in his tiny body. My mom helped me get him in the bath tub and rinse out my clothes and his before we made the 45 minute drive home. Luckily that drive was uneventful other than some sad crying.

The next day was when his temp spiked to over 103. I ended up taking him to Immediate Care, but of course by the time they saw him, the ibuprofen had kicked in and his temp was down to 99 and he was acting completely normal. They said his ears and mouth looked fine, and his breathing sounded normal so it was probably viral. We just kept up with the ibuprofen until the fever went away for good by Saturday. Phew. I hate when my babies are sick.


The I Carry Your Heart blog I contribute to had a special extra post this week where the moms were to be in the photos. So I had Adam snap this quick shot of me and my precious babe before I headed out to work one evening. Even though he was just wanting to be put down so he could play, I still love this moment with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment