
And I had to do a first day/last day comparison. Crazy that he's wearing a hoodie at the end of May, but it's cold today!

This was how he first posed for me. Little stinker.
I told him he could do a silly one, because really this is more like the REAL Sutton than the normal ones.
He's so excited to be out of school for the summer! He has been waiting and waiting because about a month ago, we told him we were gonna do a family challenge. Mommy and Daddy weren't gonna drink pop til the end of school and he wasn't going to get any new toys. We all fell off the wagon a couple times, but mostly kept to it. He's so excited for a new toy today!
Sutton will be returning to pre-k in the fall. I'm having/have had a pretty hard time with this decision. Sutton is still 4...he doesn't turn 5 until the end of June. If we started him in kindergarten this fall, he would be very young for his class and could possibly have a difficult time due to immaturity both socially and academically. At this point, we have no idea if he will struggle with school or not, so we thought we would give him the gift of another year in preschool.
The reason it's been so hard is because everyone who had babies around the time I had Sutton are all sending their kiddos to Kindergarten in the fall. Even kids who are a month or so younger than Sutton are starting. I feel like we're the only ones taking an extra year. I'm confident in our decision for Sutton, but it's hard to see everyone else advancing while we keep Sutton back. I suppose in a few years it won't matter and he will have all kinds of friends in his own grade.



No comments:
Post a Comment