Monday, May 18, 2015

The Piercing of the Nose

I have wanted to pierce my nose for 10 years. I remember that I first wanted to do it during college, but I asked the photographer who I second-shot for what she thought about it and she said it kind of seemed unprofessional. So that was that.

I kept thinking about it and kept thinking about it, but after the professional aspect didn't bother me anymore, I began to worry that it would leave a big scar on my nose, as I feel like I'm prone to scarring. That was the excuse that really kept me from doing it for a long time.

I almost went on New Year's Day this year to get it done. I even called the place to make an appointment, but they were closed for the holiday.

Finally last Saturday, May 9th, I was ready. I'm about to turn 30...I've wanted this for 10 years. It needed to happen. My friend Montana who has many tattoos said she would go with me.

Here's my "before" photo outside the Elektrik Chair tattoo parlor.



I chose my jewelry right away and waited only about 5-10 minutes before they called me back. It all went so fast, haha. This was before the painful part:

                

And from the furrowed brow, you can tell that now it hurts. It hurt a lot worse than I thought it would.

                

I (obviously) had my eyes closed but Montana took these photos and holy cow! Look at that giant needle sticking through my nostril.


Montana thought I was joking when I said I wanted to hold her hand, but whoa, I'm glad I did. I probably squeezed almost as hard as I squeeze Adam's hands when I was birthing his babies. No, it did not hurt as bad as childbirth but it still hurt. :)


Brett was my awesome piercer guy and answered all my dumb questions.


Final product. You can probably barely see it, but it's there! And I love it!



Woohoo! So excited! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment