I actually cut his hair into a "style" (as much as I can with no idea what I'm doing), but it doesn't translate in that photo. It's short on the sides and in the back and I left the top long and I comb it to the side. Which is not happening here. I think it's like a super cute baby-combover. I still have never cut the hair on the top of his head since he was bald up there for so long.
Ren has to cuddle for awhile with someone when he wakes up. Sutton thinks he's so cute during this time, so he got the job this day.
This was the only picture I took of him on his actual 20 month old birthday. He's really into putting his arms up like this when he's excited.
He's also really into getting messy. At every meal. We usually have to do at least 2 outfits changes every day.
I took him swimming yesterday after we dropped Sutton off at school. He LOVED it. He went swimming this summer, but I don't know...maybe just him being a little older and understanding more made it more fun. He was yelling and splashing the whole time and the lifeguards gave him and his friend Greyson some toys to play with. He was way more of a risk-taker in the water than Sutton was at this age.
His cute wet eyelashes.
One of his favorite things to do is play outside. He loves to sit on his brother's bike or scooter or balance bike (pictured below) and have someone give him a ride. He climbed up here all by himself.
Sporting a beard in the bath last night.
Today at the park, he climbed in this bowl.
*He wakes up between 6 and 7am. I've been able to bring him into bed with me a few times and he will just cuddle for awhile. If I put a show on my phone, he would be content laying there with me indefinitely.
*He still takes his two naps. One around 9:30am for about 1.5 hours, and one at 2pm for about 2 hours. The lengths definitely vary. He goes to bed at 8pm.
*He is the hardest kid to feed. He used to love everything and we called him a garbage disposal. But now he won't eat ANYTHING. The only way I can get fruits and veggies in him is with his baby food pouches (which we call squeezies). He's obsessed with those things. With Sutton, I could always feed him the same food day after day. Like, breakfast was always a waffle with peanut butter. But Ren will eat a food for maybe two days and then refuse in the third day so I have to be creative. Things he WILL eat (mostly carbs): spaghettios, mac n cheese, grapes, cheese, graham crackers, cookies.
*He drinks mostly milk, but if he sees me put chocolate in Sutton's milk, he pushes his plain milk away and says "cock-ow" which somehow means 'chocolate.' He loves juice but rarely gets it. Except at Grandma's.
*He's obsessed with drinking fountains. A new thing is that when we drop Sutton at school, on the way out we have to stop and get a drink at the drinking fountain.
*He's wearing 12-18 month size clothes. Size 7 shoes. Size 4 diapers.
*He has some favorite shows on Netflix: Masha and the Bear is the current fave, Color Crew, Trotro. Sometimes he likes Littlest Pet Shop.
*His vocabulary has extended a bit this month, but I think only we can understand him. He says hello (hay-yo), chocolate, stuck, hot, dada, mama (though not very often...I'm still usually called dada too), rock rock, walk, please, thank you, and lots of babbling. Most of these words don't sound anything like what they should, but he's consistent, so we know what he means. Any word that has a hard 'K' (like stuck, walk, rock), he just pronounces "kuh" so all those words sound the same mostly. I also feel like he says some words backwards or maybe it's just that he makes the hard syllable sound first. Like 'walk' is "kouw."
*He gets so excited about things. He will ball his fists and tense his neck and babble/yell when he's excited. He does a lot of excited yelling.
*He copies every noise he hears. During Sutton's preschool drop-off today, he imitated the kids who were yelling, crying, a car that was driving by...he's so funny.
*He loves to be funny. If we laugh at something he does, he has to do it over and over.
*He's becoming a better wrestling partner for Sutton. He puts up with and laughs at a lot more than I would.
*I've been thinking about my boys in terms of love languages lately. Sutton's is quality time. He always wants someone to play with him, someone to come over and visit, to hang out with friends. He's always making me feel guilty about not spending enough one-on-one time playing with him. Ren on the other hand is fine playing by himself. He's content to explore on his own. But I think his love language is physical touch. He loves to hug and kiss. Often times he will be playing, then he'll make his way to me to give me a hug and then he'll go back to what he's doing. And all the cuddling...he loves to cuddle and sit on people's laps. It's a fun love language for my baby to have. :)
*He still seems like a baby in a lot of ways, but I feel like he's definitely blossoming as a little boy too. He's getting stronger opinions and his personality is showing through more every day.









No comments:
Post a Comment