Sunday, November 1, 2015

Halloween 2015

I love Halloween so much. I love how everyone in the neighborhood is out and about, I love the costumes, and I love how much fun it is for the kids.

Sutton had a parade and fall party at school on Thursday, which kicked off our Halloween festivities. Then on Friday, I took Ren to Adam's class's party so all the kids could see him in his costume. Sutton joined us there when his school was over, and he got some candy from the kids.

We'll kick off the post with a cute picture of the boys in their costumes. A ninja and a puppy dog this year. Both loved their costumes. Ren kept his on the whole night.



But let's rewind a little. I've been swamped with work, so there has been a lot of me working downstairs in my office and the boys playing in the same room. Yesterday afternoon while Ren and Adam were napping, Sutton was down there playing. Suddenly, it was really quiet. I looked over, and he was laying like this, completely asleep. He had had a pillow over his head that I moved, but yeah.





Little guy played himself to sleep!

He was all rested up and good to go for the night. We got in our costumes, had 50-cent corn dogs from Sonic, and took some photos on the front porch.

           

Sutton's costume originally had ninja stars that attached to the belt, but they were lost awhile ago.



Wanted to compare the boys from last year to this year. Ren is SO much bigger. I was very glad to not have to stop and find a place to nurse him during trick-or-treating this year. :)


Adam's parents came with us, as well as Adam's sister Jessica and her family. So we got a photo of the grandparents with the grandkids. Thanks to Adam for snagging this photo while I was inside helping Jessica with her makeup.



I am just a sucker for comparisons. Here's the last 3 years of me with my babies (Ren was in-utero and unnamed the first year).


 Jessica and I were both hippies without planning it! We realized later on that I was more of a flower child than a hippy, but whatev. I was just glad to have been able to do this costume without having to buy a single thing. And Jessica's was from a party she went to awhile ago. Score.

                 

Jessica's kids.





 Grabbed a pic with my Mario before we headed out.


Grandma pushing Ren. He stayed in the stroller for the most part, begging for candy.


He got out a couple of times, but didn't really know what to do with himself. We stopped at a nearby church's trunk-or-treat towards the beginning and got him out. He totally didn't understand the concept. We had him go to the first trunk, get a piece of candy, and then he brought it back...he wanted to get in the stroller and eat it. He thought he was done. So we had to show him that you put that candy away, and get more from the next trunk. He caught on and thought it was so cool and was pretty confident walking around the parking lot, weaving in between people to get to the next trunk.


Steve and Jessica brought along their new puppy dog Pretzel. She was pretty nervous about the whole thing, but I'm sure she was tired by the end of it!

                 

We let our puppy hold their puppy and neither was comfortable with the situation. :)


Me and my puppy. I just think this costume is the cutest!!!!


We realized as it was getting dark that we hadn't gotten a family pic, so we stood under a streetlight  and got one really quick.


And the Lindsey bunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment