Ren, you are 21 months old today!! We're getting so close to 2!
We are using this photo because it's the only one I've taken of you today and because I think you look extra handsome in it. We didn't do a proper shoot because thinking about it stresses me out AND I have taken quite a few photos of you lately...see the past couple of posts. :) So without further ado. Ren, at 21 months:
*I realized we haven't really talked on here about all your nicknames! We call you all of the following: Ren, Renny, Renny-roo, Renny-roo-roo, Roo-roo, Renner, Renner Benner, Renner Benner what's for Dinner. Oh, and Baby. You respond to most of them. :)
*Thanks to Grandma Janet last night, we know that you're about 24 pounds.
*You're so skinny because you won't eat ANYTHING EVER EVER. Except your squeezies..which are healthy but expensive. I got you to eat oatmeal for breakfast the past two mornings and ravioli with peas for lunch the past two days, which is like a HUGE success. Way better than peanut butter and ketchup, which is what you normally eat. (You think I'm kidding...)
*You're in size 4 diapers, size 7 shoes, and size 18 month clothes. I bought you some 2T sweats but they're too big. Because you're so skinny. You have a couple of 2T shirts you wear.
*You LOVE Daddy, Sutton, and Grandma. You're starting to come back around to me. I think you see me so often that you just don't get as excited about me as you do the other people. Whatevs.
(I just noticed that I'm doing this as if addressed to you while I've been doing the last several addressed to the masses. Oh well.)
*You love to hold hands or hold my arm while we're watching TV together. Swoon.
*You love playing outside and jumping in leaf piles. You love swinging, running, and going on walks.
*We switched your carseat to forward facing this month. We did it because a friend who is 3 rode in your carseat and then we just never switched it back, but you like it better.
*Every day when we drop Sutton at school, we have to stop at the drinking fountain on the way out. You rarely get a drink, you just like to try to press the button and watch the water. You say "WA WA" on the way in and I always tell you that you have to wait until after we get to Sutton's class. Then when we're done, you say "buh buh wa wa" (bye bye water) and wave.
*You get up around 6-6:30. Sometimes early (like today, boooooo), sometimes late. You nap around 9:30a-11a. And then again 2p-3:30 or 4p. You go to bed at 8pm.
*You love baths. And at bedtime, you've started requesting that stories be read before we turn off the lights to rock and sing. Sometimes you don't even want to rock and sing, you just want to go right to bed.
*Your favorite books are My First Nativity Book, Goodnight Thomas, The Best Mouse Cookie, and your First Words book.
*You like to try to put on your own shoes. You are all about putting on your shoes and jacket because you know that means we're going somewhere.
*You have this face you do where you wrinkle your nose and let your mouth hang open which means your top gap teeth stick out. It's endearing.
*You love to wrestle with Sutton. You love to do anything he does. If you two are playing together, you like to copy whatever he is doing.
*You finally say Momma!!!! You still sometimes default to calling me dada, but usually if I correct you, you'll say Momma instead. So exciting.
*You have started babbling even more. You have a lot of the same words as last month that we can understand but I believe you THINK you're saying a lot more.
*You like to help. You throw things away, clean up spills with a towel (without us asking), put diapers in the diaper pail. You tried to lift Diesel onto the couch yesterday when he wanted up.
*You are very observant. Of course I can't think of any examples right now other than yesterday, you put your toy phone in the phone holder on Daddy's quadcopter transmitter.
I dressed you and Sutton in matching shirts yesterday and had to take a photo. I like this because it also shows your size relative to your brother at 21 months!


No comments:
Post a Comment