Thursday, March 22, 2018

Coronado Heights

(I wrote/posted this in July, but backdated the post so it would be in order!)

Back in March, over Spring Break, we all got up early, loaded up the kids when it was still dark, and made the hour-long drive to Lindsborg, Kansas. Adam wanted to get some drone footage of Coronado Heights with the sunrise. It was so neat because we were the only people there.





You can see Adam's drone above the castle in this one:


The fog that morning was really pretty too.









































You can see Sutton in the distance on this one:


What you don't see in the photo below is Ren screaming/yelling at Sutton because he doesn't want to "lose" the "race" up the hill. Everything HAS to be a competition.


He got in trouble and had a timeout on this rock. While still holding his muffin and crying.



These stairs are what I remember about going here as a kid. I feel like we couldn't drive all the way up to the castle, we had to do the stairs. And I remember there being a lot MORE stairs, though I'm sure that's just the kid vs adult perspective.









We ended up spending the rest of the morning in Lindsborg - stopping at a coffee shop for drinks and snacks, playing at a park or two, going to a Swedish horse store, and got Dairy Queen (lol) for lunch before heading back home!

No comments:

Post a Comment