Monday, March 5, 2018

Ren's 4th Birthday

Ren turned FOUR on February 19th. This was the first time I'd ever had a kid go to school on his birthday. Sutton has a summer birthday and this is Ren's first year of preschool. So I had my friend Krista make some awesome paintable sugar cookies. The little guy on there is Arty from one of Ren's favorite shows - Creative Galaxy.


              

I arrived at Ren's school while his class was out at recess so I set up the tables for him and his friends. I texted Adam a picture of this and told him I felt like a real mom, ha!


When they came inside, they got to paint their cookies before they ate them.


I also took little Paw Patrol party blowers. Luckily they didn't make any noise. Hehe.





After school was over, I took him out to lunch at his favorite place - Doc Green's!


After Doc Green's, we went to a bakery to choose out a birthday treat. We mentioned it was his birthday and they gave him a free cupcake! I felt bad not buying anything, so I got 4 more cupcakes (they were buy one get one free) and 3 cake balls.

           

Then we went home and he got to eat his cupcake. It was huge so he couldn't finish it.


He has been transitioning out of taking naps, and he doesn't like it when I make him take them sometimes. So I let him stay up and cuddle on the couch. He ALWAYS wants to cuddle on the couch with me and I love that about him.


Riddick got some cuddles too. He's such a good dog and puts up with so much love from the boys.


Then we played with play do for awhile.


And when Daddy and Sutton got home, we let him open his presents. He got another whole set of magnatiles, two magnatiles cars, and this grill. He likes to watch toy reviews on YouTube, and he found a review of this grill. He has watched it probably 10 times, so I found it on Amazon and he loves it! He broke the leg off the bottom of the grill the first day. Of course.



That evening was memorable. The plan had been to go out for birthday supper at Chili's. But one of our furnaces had broken the day before. So the repair guy said he'd come at 5pm, and we just figured we'd go out for a late dinner afterwards. Well....we waited. And waited. And waited. 7:45pm we found out he had gotten held up and wasn't coming. I was so mad. I was in a bad mood. It wasn't my best moment. So I sighed and said "I guess I'll just make a big pot of mac n cheese." Ren said "I'm so excited to eat out of a pot!!" So I served him his mac n cheese in a tiny pot. I also made him a meat-cheese-and-mayo (sandwich...something he often asks for), and heated up leftover baked beans. I set these in front of him and he goes, "This is the best dinner ever!!" So he totally didn't care about not going out for dinner and I tried to make my mood be better. If he was happy, I could be happy. Right??



This has nothing to do with his birthday but I wanted to include it anyway. The night of the 19th (Monday), early morning on the 20th (Tuesday), there was an ice storm and school was canceled. Ren woke up early that morning and crawled in bed with us. But instead of being annoying and wiggly, he actually fell back asleep and we got to sleep until after 7am that morning! It was so nice. Obviously, I had to take lots of pictures of him sleeping. They're so cute when they sleep.



There's an Adam in there too:



They had school the following day (Wednesday), but then there was more ice and school was canceled again on Thursday. So there was lots of couch time and couch naps.





Saturday the 24th was Ren's birthday party. He still doesn't really have friends of his own, and he gets overwhelmed with large amounts of people and just wants me to hold him. So we just had immediate family over. I decorated and had this sign:


Ren was a lot of help with that process. Not.


When the grandmas and papas, aunt, uncle, and cousins arrived, we let Ren get his first present - a tricycle - before dinner so he had time to ride it around in the daylight. He loved it!


Then we went inside and while I was setting out food, the kids decorated party hats with stickers. Ren made himself some eyebrows.


 

 We had sandwiches (one of Ren's favorites again - meat, cheese, and mayo) and chips. For dessert, we had an ice cream cake and some chocolate chip cookies.




Then Ren got to open his presents. He got some fun toys!


One of the toys was a shooting game, so Daddy helped him learn how to aim. So sweet.


I'll post his 4-year-old photos as soon as I finish editing them, along with some of what makes Ren REN. Check back for that soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment