Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Halloween

We had a pretty low-key Halloween this year. Which was nice amidst the bustle of Judgement House. It started on Friday...Ginger brought her stash of wigs to work. Here's Ginger as...not really sure..., Avery being cute in a tutu, Lindsey as Cruella deVille, and me as, um, Jessica Simpson maybe?

Then on Saturday morning, I had breakfast with my girls: Audra, Val, Melinda, and Risa. It was really fun and I ate way too much, but didn't take any pictures. After that, I came home and cleaned for awhile...and this little monkey named Reid showed up at my doorstep demanding candy. I couldn't resist his cuteness.

Reid LOVES our dogs. He was laughing and chasing them, and anytime they would lick his face (which was often), he would open his mouth. A little disgusting. We tried to put a stop to that. He even grabbed a handful of Diesel's fur at one point, and Diesel didn't even react. I was so proud of him. Reid's parents won't ever get a dog (or so they say...), so Reid has to make due playing with ours.

After Reid left, we pulled out the dog's costumes from last year and got them ready to entertain the trick-or-treaters. Diesel was a little pumpkin.

And Axl was a ghost, although his hood wouldn't stay up, so you couldn't really tell.

Here are my two handsome boys, anxiously awaiting the trick-or-treaters.

Axl has, ahem, gained a little weight since last year, so his costume kept falling off. Anyway, Axl LOVES Halloween. He stood like this at the front door for like all 3 hours we were handing out candy. At the beginning, he would bark as they approached, and he has a mean bark, so some of the kids were a little scared. After awhile, he would just get excited and pace when he saw someone coming.

Still watching...

Diesel got tired so he just sat next to his mama on the couch with his toy. "That's all I need..." (name the movie).

When Adam would open the door to hand out candy, Axl would just stick his head out to smell everyone and see what was going on. He didn't try to escape, or even eat any of the little kids.

We ran out of candy after awhile, and turned our porch light off. That didn't deter anyone. So we had to turn all the lights off upstairs and go hide in the basement. But we even got another doorbell ring after our house was completely dark! Those kids are intense!

1 comment:

  1. I know that movie! It's from "THE JERK", an oldie but a goodie.

    ReplyDelete