I had a few random things to blog about today.
-Moms: how early can you take a baby swimming?
-Tomorrow is my first wedding to photograph since having Sutton. I'm nervous and anxious, but glad to get back to doing something that'll get me out of the house. I'm nervous about being away from Sutton for so long. I'm nervous that my boobs are going to hurt from the length of time I'll be going without feeding him (I'm taking my pump just in case). I'm nervous about being up and busy for 6-8 hours. Aside from all that, it's supposed to be 100 degrees, so I hope I don't die of heat stroke!
-I've pumped several bottles for Adam to feed Sutton with tomorrow, but instead of stressing about it, I told him that if he runs out of bottles, to use formula. We haven't used formula with Sutton yet, so that makes me a little nervous. But I figure if it's just one or two bottles, it shouldn't change anything.
-We had our first diaper blow-out today. That was fun.
-Sutton will be ONE MONTH on Saturday. What?
-We have his one month appointment on Monday. I don't think I mentioned this on here, but he lost quite a bit of weight after he was born. He went from 9 pounds 2 ounces to 8 pounds 6 ounces. So they had us increase his feedings to every 2.5 hours and we've been going back to the doctor weekly to check his weight. Last Thursday, he was up to 8 pounds 12.5 ounces, and I'm hoping he's at least close to his birth weight on Monday. We'll see!
-He met his Uncle Matt (Adam's brother) and Cousin Bailey today. Bailey has a little brother who is 4 months old, so we were swapping stories and comparing notes. Here they are with Sutton.
And we got his social security card this week. How cute is that? It makes him a real person. As I was looking through photos on my camera today, I found that Adam had taken a photo of Sutton's first piece of mail. That's really cute too. :)

You can take the swimming as soon as their cord stump falls off. May not like the cool water, but if the pool he's in is as warm as our in laws, he will love it:)
ReplyDeleteyeah, you can take him swimming anytime you want. Just want to be careful of the sun. I am still a sun nazi on Lo! HA!
ReplyDeleteI loved when we got Lo's SS card...you are right it is like now they are a real person and exist! :)
Hope the wedding goes well. I might suggest bringing an extra shirt in case you start leaking out...can't tell you how many times that happened to me! And I never had an extra shirt!