-We had a doctor's appointment this morning, and we got his first round of shots. The poor little guy did so good. I held his hands by his head while two nurses poked both legs at the same time and then there was one more stick after that. He screeeeamed and his face turned all red and he didn't breathe. They let me pick him up right away and after I calmed him down, he's been fine ever since. They were all talking about how good and content he is. I gave him some Tylenol before we went, so maybe that helped. He's been sleepy ever since, so we're just having a low-key day at home.
-At the appointment this morning, his stats were:
13 pounds, 2 ounces (75th percentile)
23 inches long (50th percentile)
Head circumference in the 90th percentile
Dr. Morrow was very happy with his weight gain and demeanor, everything looks like it's right on track!Sutton, at two months, you're:
-Eating very well. Breastfeeding is a breeze now. We both can fall asleep while we're doing it. You eat 4-5 oz. every three hours.
-On August 11, you started sleeping in your own room. From day 1, it's gone very well.
-During the night, you've been going 5-6.5 hours before you wake up. It's been awesome!
-We're starting to have more of a bedtime routine now that you're in your own room and now that I'm back at work. I turn on your noise machine to the ocean waves sound and switch on your night light. Then you nurse around 10pm while I rock you. I change your diaper, put you in your swaddle blanket and put you in your crib. You usually don't even need your pacifier! If you're not quite asleep, you squirm around and grunt until you fall asleep, but you never cry for me to come get you. You generally wake up around 4am to eat, and then again around 7am, which is about the time we start our day.
-You started going to daycare on August 17. You go every Tuesday and Thursday so I can go to work, and you've been doing great! Our wonderful daycare provider, Sam sends a note home each day telling me what your mood was, when she changed and fed you, and when you napped. Sam has a little boy that's about 4 weeks older than you and I think you're going to pass him in size any day now. He's such a good little baby too...I hope you two become great friends!
-When you cry, which isn't very often, you can be calmed down with one of a few things:
*pacifier
*gas drops
*being picked up
*being burped
You're a pretty easy baby.-Your pooping is the loudest thing I've ever heard. Every time. There's no quiet poops for you. Is that normal? :)
-We're in size 1 diapers, but I think they only go up to 14 pounds, so we may be in size 2s soon.
-You've started to smile at us! For awhile we would have to touch your chin with our finger or your pacifier repeatedly to get you to smile, which makes me think it was a reflex. But now if we smile at you (and you're in the right mood), you smile back at us. Last night as I was rocking you to sleep (and you were still wiiiide awake), you just looked up at me with a huge grin out of nowhere. You're so sweet.
-I think you're the most handsome baby ever.
-You like to take naps on your belly. You enjoy sleeping on the ottoman or in your bouncy seat. Since I've set up a little home office, you also sleep on a pillow on my desk. And when I take you to the studio, you sleep in a little cat bed on my desk.
-Your eyes are kind of a hazel color, so I think they might be turning brown.
-I'm still not sure what color your hair will be, but you have an abundance of it on the nape of your neck. That's where it's thickest. A little mullet-ish.
-You've started spitting up more often. I don't like it because then I wonder if you actually ate anything.
-You LOVE being held. I think you're a people person.
-YOU ARE SOOOO SQUIRMY. All the time. Except when you're asleep. That's how we know you've fallen asleep - you stop squirming. It can be kinda annoying, honestly. I don't get it. But I still love you.
-If your pacifier falls out while you're napping on your belly, you'll try to suck on your hand, but you'll make really loud smacking noises.
-I think you like it to be noisy when you sleep. You sleep with the noise machine going, but you can also nap through the dogs barking, the floor creaking, my blow-dryer going. I'm glad for that.
-0-3 month clothes still fit you, but you might be too long for them soon. It can be a stretch to snap them closed sometimes.
This all happened in a matter of seconds before we were able to get the good one at the top:
Oops, we're falling over.
Don't scream at me, baby!





Can't believe how much he's grown! He's going to surpass Kamdyn in the weight gain very very soon. At 6 months our little peanut was only 14 lbs 14 oz, so Sutton's not far behind:)
ReplyDeleteawww your dr. is dr. morrow!! i saw her for 5 years. she is awesome! i miss her!! your son is absolutely adorable! and getting big!! time flies momma!
ReplyDelete