Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day

Sunday was my first Mother's Day with a baby in my arms. Last year I was pregnant with Sutton, and the year before that I was pregnant with the baby we lost. It was extra special to be able to snuggle the amazing little man that is my son!

Saturday I worked a long and tiring wedding, and came home at midnight after 10 hours to a video that Sutton made for me on the computer. My boys had been in bed for awhile already, so I sat and watched my Mother's Day video as I pumped. That was a definite mom moment. :)

Sunday I woke up sick. :( We decided to fore go church so I could nap, and then we ate a late lunch at Chipotle and headed over to Tanganyka Wildlife Park in the afternoon because moms got in free!




I bought Sutton a couple hats for these summer months, this one's still a little big (not usually a problem we encounter), but it worked!

For those of you who don't know, Tanganyka has several exhibits that you can walk through and touch the animals. These kangaroos were just lounging about in the shade, we even saw one with a baby in her pouch.


We were at this goat exhibit and Adam and I were talking and all of a sudden, Sutton is crying. That grey goat had stuck it's head through the fence right in his face. I explained to him, once again, that it was okay, it was just like a puppy. Then he was fine.


Me and my baby on Mother's Day. Poor man, it was SO hot out. He was drenched in sweat and all red. So we ended up not staying super long.


The Red Panda! A fave.

This rhino was let out, saw the crowd of people gather, turned around and walked back to the gate and started banging on it like he wanted back in. Pretty funny.

Between the crazy huge crowds and the heat, we didn't last long. As soon as we got in the car, we blasted the a/c and stopped at QT on the way home for drinks. When we got home and went to get Sutton out of the back, he was out. He slept in his seat after we brought it in for awhile even.

When he woke up, we went and hung out in the basement where it's much cooler. I don't have any photos, but Sutton gave me a great Mother's Day present...he started crawling! He can't get far, and his form isn't perfect (it's a half scoot/half crawl because he keeps one foot underneath him), but it gets him around a bit!

Our basement gets pretty cold when we have the a/c on, so Baby and I snuggled up for a nap. About this time, my sickness decided that my nose should become Niagara Falls, so we got a movie and camped out downstairs for the rest of the night.

Sutton's really into clapping, it just started about a week ago. But he'll mimic us when we clap! It's so cute. He also loves to dump over my laundry basket.

The movie we got was a chick flick, and Adam wasn't a fan of my constant nose-blowing, so to finish up my Mother's Day evening, he took the baby upstairs where he fed, bathed, and put him to bed without me. That was a gift in itself. Though honestly, I did miss doing that for him.

Today Sutton has gotten my sickness. And I'm feeling worse. So we're just cuddled up at home taking a bunch of naps and watching TV. But since it's 101* outside, I really don't mind being forced to stay in my cool basement. :)

Happy Mother's Day! A day-late shout out to my amazing mom Nancy. The most perfect mom anyone could ask for, and a super cool Grandma too! I love you!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Mother's day to you! And next weekend we get to dedicate our boys together! :) Feel better. We have had that crap for weeks now. :/

    ReplyDelete