Sunday, August 14, 2011

Reading with Dad

Do you ever get in a "cleaning mood" where you just HAVE to clean your house?

Yeah, me neither.

But tonight I did for some reason. I think it has just been a mess for too long.

In my defense, I have excuses. I've been busy. I've moved my office back home (will explain in another post) and Adam started back at school last week, and I've been without a babysitter in the middle of my busiest season of the year. So my house got put on the back burner.

Tonight, I just went at it. So Adam spent some time with the baby. They played downstairs for awhile and then when it got close to bedtime, Adam pulled out a book to read. This doesn't happen very often at our house. Sutton's not really into reading books. He likes to turn the pages obsessively, but he rarely lets you read to him. So it was camera worthy.


Fox in Socks by Dr Seuss. Have you ever read this book? Wow, it's ridiculous.



After a short while, Sutton was over it. He climbed down and went to play piano.




On another note, do any of you have experience with night terrors? We think Sutton may have had one the other night. If you have any stories or advice...I'm all ears. It's only happened once, but I know it's best to be prepared.

2 comments:

  1. All 3 of my boys have had night terrors. Collin has had them more than the others. We've found that we just have to hold them and talk calmly or sing. If that doesn't work, wake him up completely. Dylan went through a phase where he would wake up screaming and wouldn't calm down until the light from the tv came on. He wasn't fully awake and the light woke him up so that he could calm down. It's not fun to deal with though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So strange you said that about night terrors...I think Rogan had one the other night...about a week ago. He woke up almost screaming and when I picked him up it was worse and he seemed so disoriented and his face was bobbing against my shoulder--it was dark in his room and I thought maybe he was having a seizure or something...so strange. He finally calmed down after about 15 minutes or so and fell back asleep pretty quick. Hasn't happened again, but it was scary!

    ReplyDelete